If you have only recently started using a Chromebook, you might want to learn some basics. For example, you should learn how to split the screen or know the methods to record the screen on a Chromebook. Furthermore, if your Chromebook comes with a touch screen, you can turn off the touch screen display to avoid accidental mistouches. Moreover, ChromeOS has a bizarre touchscreen issue that crops up when the Chromebook gets warm. So to avoid such issues, you need to learn how to turn off the touch screen on a Chromebook.
1. Open the Chrome browser and type
chrome://flags into the address bar. Then, hit Enter.
2. Next, search for “debugging keyboard shortcuts” or paste the below path into the address bar and hit Enter.
3. Now, choose Enabled from the drop-down menu.
4. After that, click the “Restart” button at the bottom-right corner to apply the changes.
5. After the reboot, use the “Search + Shift + T” keyboard shortcut to disable the touch screen on your Chromebook.
6. To re-enable the touch screen, press the same keyboard shortcut, and the touch screen will become active again.
So these are the quick steps you need to follow to disable the touch screen on your Chromebook. While I like using the touchscreen panel on my Chromebook, sometimes it causes mistouch issues even when you are just using the keyboard. Anyway, that’s all for this guide. If you want to freely edit PDF files on a Chromebook, follow our instructions in the linked guide. Finally, if you got any questions, do let us know in the comment section below.