If you’ve been noticing that the answers to Wordle puzzles have become more tricky ever since the New York Times bought the word puzzle game, you’re probably right. Wordle answers have been getting trickier by the day, and if a trick double-letter word has ruined your streak recently, you might be looking to reset all your stats and get that 100% win rate back. Fortunately, that’s not very difficult to do. Here’s how to reset Wordle streak on iPhone and Android devices.
Reset Wordle Streak on iPhone and Android (2022)
One of the most popular puzzle games these days, Wordle has been bringing people together in a quest to solve the daily puzzles and with discussions of the day’s answer and how they guessed it. However, with the recent increase in difficulty, many people have been clamouring for a fresh chance at maintaining their 100% win rate.
We will discuss how you can reset your Wordle streak on smartphones (iPhone and Android) in just a couple of steps and get the clean slate you’ve probably been hoping for since that one missed puzzle.
Make Sure to Remove Wordle Bookmark from Your Home Screen
To get started, be sure to get remove the Wordle bookmark from your home screen if you have added it. To do so, touch and hold the Wordle bookmark and tap Delete Bookmark in the popup menu.
Clear Your Browsing History to Reset Wordle Streak
The easiest way to reset Wordle streak is to wipe out the entire browsing history. Here’s how you can do this on iPhone and Android.
Reset Wordle Streak by Clearing Browser History on iPhone
- Open the Settings app and tap on ‘Safari’. Here, tap on ‘Clear History and Website Data’.
- In the confirmation pop-up, tap on ‘Clear’ again to confirm.
Reset Wordle Statistics by Clearing Browser History on Android
- Open the Chrome app and tap on the three dot icon. Here, tap on ‘History’.
- Now, tap on ‘Clear Browsing Data’. Select the time range and tap on ‘Clear Data’.
Clear Browser History in Firefox to Reset Wordle Stats
- Open Firefox and tap on the hamburger icon (menu button) at the bottom right of the screen. Here, tap on ‘History’.
- In the history screen, tap on ‘Clear Recent History’, and select the time range to delete all your browsing history in that time range.
- Android offers a better way to delete the associated data of an app. If you still can’t reset your Wordle streak, try deleting the cache of the browsers you are using.
- Open the Settings app on your Android device -> Apps -> Chrome/Firefox -> Manage Space -> Clear All Data.
Delete and Reinstall Third-Party Browsers
If you haven’t yet been able to reset your Wordle streak, delete and reinstall the third-party browsers. A clean install may help you wipe out the existing data and start afresh.
Last Resort: Factory Reset Your iPhone or Android Device
I don’t think you may have to resort to this radical solution. However, if the lady luck doesn’t smile on you even after trying the above solutions, it would be worth giving a chance.
Bear in mind that the impact of factory reset is different on iOS and Android. While the former only allows you to remove all the existing settings, and not your media and data, the latter erases all the data on your device returning the phone back to the original state. So, proceed with this solution keeping these after-effects in mind.
On iPhone or iPad: Launch the Settings app -> General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone/iPad -> Reset -> Reset All Settings.
On Android: Open the Settings app -> Additional settings -> Backup and reset -> Erase all data (factory reset).
Do note that the process of factory reset may slightly vary from one Android device to another. So, do not be confused. Once you have erased your device, set it up as new. Though you might want to consider how important Wordle is to you, to resort to such a step just to clear Wordle streak on your phone.
Bonus: Use Incognito Mode
If you simply don’t want to track your Wordle streak or statistics on a running basis, just play the game in Incognito mode. This has multiple advantages.
- Your Wordle stats will be reset every time because it’s incognito and all you have to do is close the tab after completing your game.
- You can try the Wordle as many times as you’d like. If you exhaust your 6 attempts and haven’t figured out the word, just close the Incognito session, and re-open Wordle in another incognito tab and you will get a fresh attempt at today’s Wordle.
Reset Your Wordle Streak with Ease
There you go! So, that concludes this quick guide about resetting Wordle streak. Even though New York Times hasn’t rushed to make major changes to the word puzzle game, I think it’s just a matter of time before we may see some big upgrades. Hopefully, the game continues to keep its USP intact. If you are afraid that NYT may put Wordle behind a paywall, check out this guide to learn how to save this game to your device and play it for free forever. By the way, what has been your experience with the word puzzle game so far? Share your feedback in the comments.