Instagram’s new Twitter alternative, Threads, is already blowing up with millions of users already signed up for the service. The app, which uses Instagram to sign in, is gaining a lot of traction and chances are you’re already logged in as well. Well, if you’re wondering how you can stand out from the millions of other users, here is how to get verified on Threads.
Get Verified on Threads using Instagram’s Legacy Verification
Note: If you have a verified account on Instagram, you will automatically be verified on Threads as well.
There can be many reasons why you might want to be verified. If you are a public personality and you want to ensure that people don’t start fake accounts pretending to be you, you can try to get Instagram to verify you using their legacy verification process. Here is how that works.
- In the Instagram app, tap on your profile icon, and then tap on the hamburger menu on the top-right
- Tap on ‘Settings and privacy‘ and then search for ‘Request verification‘ in the search bar.
- Tap on the ‘Request verification‘ result and fill out the form that comes up. Once done, tap on ‘Submit‘
Do note that Instagram verifies accounts that it deems to be notable, and in the public interest. So, getting verified isn’t guaranteed with this method. Instagram will let you know when they have reviewed your application along with their decision to verify (or not verify) your account.
Get Verified on Threads using Meta Verified
Alternatively, you can use Meta Verified to get verified on Threads. Meta Verified is a service where you pay Meta a fee in order to get your account verified. The service is similar to Twitter Blue, and is only available in some regions. Here’s how you can use Meta verified to get your account verified on Threads.
- Tap on your profile icon in the Instagram app and then tap on the hamburger menu
- You will see a ‘Meta Verified‘ option in the pop-up, tap on it. Tap on ‘Subscribe‘
- Choose your Instagram account that’s associated with Threads and tap on ‘Sign up‘
- Instagram will inform you about the price of the subscription (it’s Rs. 699 per month in India). Tap on ‘Pay now’ to make the payment.
Once you make the payment, Meta will reach out to you to provide ID confirmation within 48 hours. You can use a government issued ID to confirm your identity with Meta. When your identity has been verified, you will see a blue tick on your Instagram profile and you will also be verified on Threads.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you need 1000 followers to get verified?
Instagram does not have any lower-limit for the number of followers you need to have before you can apply for verification.
Is there a trick to get verified on Threads?
There is no trick that you can use to get verified on Threads. You either have to prove to Meta that you’re a person (or brand) of public interest, or you can subscribe to Meta Verified to get a blue tick on Threads.