A large number of apps are released everyday on the Play Store but only a few of them manage to grab eyeballs. However, it’s quite annoying when a cool new app is trending and you find that it’s not available in your country. While you can always install an app through the APK file, there is also a way to install unavailable apps from the Play Store and it requires to you change your GPS location. Changing or Faking your GPS location does require a few steps and that’s what we are here to tell you.
Before we get started, it’s important to know that you can do a lot more than just install unavailable apps by faking your location.
Uses of Faking GPS Location
- To use apps that require you to be in a different country.
- Access content, like videos or articles not available in your country.
- Trick people into thinking you are in a different location on social media.
- Avoid ads targeted at your region.
Now that you know the various uses of faking your GPS location on an Android device, let’s get started. You will require an app that fakes GPS location and here are some apps you can use to do it:
Apps to Fake GPS Location on Android
There are various “Fake GPS” apps available on the Play Store but here are the two apps that we think are the best out of the lot:
1. Fake GPS Location Spoofer
The Fake GPS Location Spoofer is a very simple app that lets you change location with ease. The home page of the app shows a map, with your current location in view. You can choose to view the location in Map or Satellite mode. The app lets you search for a particular location by name or GPS co-ordinates. You can double tap on the map to select a location and once you have selected the location, you can just hit the play button to start faking your location.
2. Fake GPS
Unlike the Fake GPS Location Spoofer app, which features a pretty dated interface, the Fake GPS app brings a modern interface. The app brings different map types like Satellite, Terrain, Hybrid, OpenStreet Map and the usual map. You can search for a location by address or the ZIP code. Other than that, the app is very similar to other GPS faking apps, with features like location history, moving stimulation, favorite locations etc.
Change or Fake GPS location on Android
Now that you have installed one of the aforementioned apps, here are the steps you need to follow to fake GPS location on your Android smartphone:
1. Firstly, you will have to enable Developer Options. To do it, go to Settings->About Phone and tap on the “Build Number” 7 times. Once done, you will see a message saying, “Congrats! You are a developer now.”
2. Then, head to Settings->Developer Options and scroll down and tap the option “Select mock location app“.
Note: If you are running an older version of Android, you will find the option “Allow mock locations”. Just enable it and run the fake location app.
3. Here, just select the fake location app you have installed. Then, go to Settings->Location->Mode and select the “Device Only” option to make sure only the GPS in your device determines location.
4. Then, head to the app, search for the fake location you want and hit the play button to start faking your location. It’s that simple!
You can check if the fake location is working or not through a maps app like Google Maps.
SEE ALSO: 10 Best VPN Apps For Android
Change GPS location on Android with these steps
Well, that was pretty simple, wouldn’t you agree? So, install one of the Fake GPS apps on your Android smartphone or tablet, follow the steps and start downloading unavailable apps, prank your friends and more. Do let us know in the comments section below if you come across any roadblocks.