Samsung’s latest attempt at the mid-range smartphone market in India came in the form of the Galaxy A8 Star that the company launched on August 24. The smartphone is now available to purchase on Amazon for a price of Rs. 34,990.
At that price, the Galaxy A8 Star brings in a Snapdragon 660 processor, 6GB of RAM, and 64GB of internal storage. There’s a dual camera set up on the back featuring 24MP + 16MP cameras, along with a 24MP front facing camera for selfies and video calls.
The Galaxy A8 Star supports microSD cards of up to 400GB capacity, and comes with dual SIM support (4G + 4G). There’s also a 3,700mAh battery keeping things running.
While the processor choice from Samsung here is definitely weird, even more so now that phones like the Poco F1 and the Honor Play are bringing flagship processors for a much lower price, Samsung’s Galaxy A8 Star does have one thing going for it — it comes with a 1080×2220 SuperAMOLED panel measuring 6.3-inches diagonally.
The Galaxy A8 Star also comes with Samsung’s very own Bixby assistant, which we all know by now is more or less unused by most people, and boots up Android 8.0 Oreo with Samsung’s Experience UI skin on top.
If you’re planning on buying the phone, there are a bunch of launch offers you might find useful:
- You can get up to Rs. 6,431 off on exchanging your old device (don’t ask how they got to that particular exchange value though)
- Free 1-year Screen Protection Plan
- No Cost EMI available on Bajaj Finserv EMI card
- No Cost EMI available on all major credit cards.
- Get 5% Instant Discount with HDFC Bank Credit Card EMI
- 1 year manufacturer warranty for the smartphone, and 6 month warranty for in-box accessories
Buy the Galaxy A8 Star from Amazon (Rs. 34,990)