Android Oreo is the latest version of Google’s mobile operating system, but it’s not even available to 5% of all the Android smartphones in the world. Android update roll-outs have always been a gradual process unlike Apple’s iOS, and Google has been constantly criticized for this. So far, it’s only available for a handful of devices. The situation has definitely improved in the last couple of years, but there’s still a lot more work left to be done. Well, if you’re looking to purchase phones with Android Oreo, here are the best options that you can currently go for:
Phones with Android Oreo 8.0 You Can Buy
- Google Pixel 2 / Pixel 2 XL – These are the latest and greatest Android flagships that Google has to offer to the company’s loyal fan base. So far, this is the only smartphone that comes with Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box, and just like the company’s other smartphones, it runs the stock version of Android which is insanely fast. You can be assured of the fact that these smartphones will be the first ones to receive all the latest software updates, like the Android 8.1 update.
Buy from Amazon: (Starts at $649)
- Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ – This Samsung flagship was introduced earlier this year, and it’s one of the most beautiful phones to look at, thanks to the bezel-less design that curves towards the edges. Although it doesn’t come with Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box, the South Korean giant recently rolled out the Samsung Experience 9.0 beta which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo. The final version is scheduled to be released early next year.
Buy from Amazon: (Starts at $549)
- Nokia 8 – This is Nokia’s first attempt at a flagship Android smartphone with a quite reasonable price tag. Moreover, the company has been quick in rolling out software updates as they promised. Android 8.0 Oreo was recently made available by the company to the owners for beta testing through Nokia phones beta labs.
Buy from Amazon: ($517)
- Google Pixel / Pixel XL – The Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL’s might be the latest that Google has to offer, but the tech giant has not forgotten their 2016 flagship, the Pixel and Pixel XL. In fact, these were the very first smartphones to receive the Android 8.0 Oreo update in August. You can be assured of quick software updates in the near future, since it’s a Google device.
Buy from Amazon: ($469)
- LG Nexus 5X / Huawei Nexus 6P – Although these phones were designed by different manufacturers, they were still considered as Google’s best offerings for the year 2015. Considering they’re Google’s stock Android devices, it’s no surprise to see them receive all the latest updates first. Android 8.0 Oreo update was rolled out to these devices earlier this year in August, around the same time as Pixel and Pixel XL.
Buy from Amazon: (Starts at $299)
Well, these are all the devices that officially run Android 8.0 Oreo as of now. Yes, we do realize that there only a handful of devices, but we’ll be sure to update the list with new phones as they receive the update. So, which one of these phones are you planning to use as your daily driver? Do let us know, in the comments section down below.