Google has finally launched the Android 9 Pie, and along with it, Google has also pushed out the Beta for the Digital Wellbeing feature. Digital Wellbeing, if you’re not aware, is Google’s take on maintaining a balance between the digital and the real life. The feature is super great, but unlike the Android 9 Pie Betas which were available for plenty of devices, this one is limited only to the Pixel lineup. But then again, it’s Android we’re talking about, and everything gets ported. Well, if you have a OnePlus 6 or any other device rocking the Android 9 Pie, read on, as we show you how to install Digital Wellbeing on your device:
Get Digital Wellbeing Features on OnePlus 6
Note: The device needs to be unlocked, running TWRP custom recovery, and rooted using Magisk. I tried the following method on my OnePlus 6 running Official Android P Beta, and the method worked just fine.
1. First up, download and install the Digital Wellbeing APK on your device from here (free).
2. Then, download the Digital Wellbeing Enabler for Android Pie from here (free).
3. Next up, open the Magisk Manager app and tap on the hamburger menu button. Tap on “Modules“.
4. Now, tap on the “+” icon in the bottom, and navigate to the Digital Wellbeing Enabler file you downloaded earlier in Step 1. By default, it should be in the Downloads folder.
5. Magisk will now automatically go ahead and install the .ZIP file on your device. Once done, simply tap on the “Reboot” option in the bottom-right corner.
6. And that’s it! You can now find Digital Wellbeing in your Settings menu.
SEE ALSO: 10 Best Magisk Modules You Should Use
Enjoy Digital Wellbeing on Your Android Pie Device
While Google may have made the Beta of Digital Wellbeing available only for the Pixel devices, thanks to the above Magisk module, you can have it running on any device running Android 9 Pie. I’ve been loving the Digital Wellbeing feature on my device, but what about you? Let me know if the method worked for you, along with your take on the feature, in the comments down below.