Unlike Ashava, which appeared in both Diablo 4 betas, Avarice, The Gold Cursed is another world boss and one that will take players by surprise. A two-legged fiend carrying a chest and a hammer, the gold will surely entice players to defeat the boss. Unfortunately, Avarice might turn out to be a menace to fight against, if you do not know what to expect. Fortunately, this guide plans to help you with that. So let’s learn how to defeat one of the three world bosses of Diablo 4.
Diablo 4 Avarice: Spawn Locations and Timings
Much like Ashava, the world boss Avarice appears randomly at certain fixed times throughout the day. Since the three world bosses share the same spawn locations in Diablo 4, refer to the map below to learn the areas. As usual, you will find a flashing logo on the map showing the approximate time the battle will begin. So, spawn at the nearby fast-travel point, and head to the boss-fight location using one of your horses in Diablo 4.
Much like Ashava, the spawn times for Avarice are also randomized in Diablo 4. However, the boss will appear a maximum of four times a day, and upon successfully defeating him, a player cannot kill him again for the day. One confirmed source that we use for Avarice spawn times is a Twitter account called Diablo 4 World Boss Timer. This account tracks the boss’s appearance timings accurately.
How to Beat World Boss Avarice in Diablo 4
Ashava is a world boss that heavily relies on its Area of Effect (AoE) and elemental poison attacks. There are four attacks that Ashava does in total, and how to stand against them:
- The first common attack by Avarice is that it swings his hammer in two directions. The first swing is to the left side, and then immediately to the right side. These two attacks are randomized, but there is always a follow-up attack when it swings the hammer. When you see him reel his hand back, immediately strafe towards the bottom of its body.
- The second attack players occasionally experience from Avarice in Diablo 4 involves it swinging the gold chest in a circular motion. Much like Ashava, players caught in its trajectory will take damage. The simplest way to ignore it is to just dodge closer to its body. This not only opens up a few-second window to attack the boss, but it also protects you from its AoE.
- The third attack players will experience while fighting Avarice in Diablo 4 is another hammer-based attack. In this, Avarice raises its hammer and slams the ground while simultaneously slamming the ground with its right foot. Both of these attacks are AoE based, and the best way to ignore them is to dash toward the tail of Ashava.
- Once you bring its health down to 60%, Avarice in Diablo 4 starts a new attack. It will slam the ground, sending ripples through them to bring up golden rocks. Sometimes later, it will hit the ground again to explode the rocks, and standing anywhere near the explosion will deal substantial damage. The best course of action, in that case, is to keep an eye on when the rocks explode. Diablo 4 briefly alerts players about the AoD with a yellow silhouette during the boss fight. Hence, move away to a safe place.
- When you bring the health down to 60%, Avarice spits a yellow substance below itself, unlike Ashava, which spits a poison pool at the front. Standing in this puke pool will gradually bring your health down. In that case, moving away from the yellow puddle is a good idea. Preferably, dash toward the tail of Avarice, as that is a much safer option, and also allows you to keep attacking the boss in Diablo 4.
Since Avarice particularly does not deal with any elemental damages, we suggest wearing armors that protect you from physical attacks. Almost every armor in Diablo 4 comes with the ability to mitigate physical attacks. Hence, pick one that fancies you. Preferably, pick an armor that increases your stats by multiple points. That way, you will have more armor to deal with most of its attacks.
Diablo 4 Avarice Rewards
Upon successfully annihilating Avarice, The Gold Cursed, Diablo 4 rewards you with some amazing loot. The most common award you will receive is gold and three pieces of sacred gear. These are vastly superior versions of existing gear with increased stats.
You will receive a Glyph that you can use on the Paragon board and a legendary grand cache that drops high-quality loot like legendary gears, gold, materials, and gems. The cache also drops Nightmare Dungeon Sigils, which help transform normal dungeons into Nightmare Dungeons.
Avarice also has a unique reward. Remember the chest that he uses to attack? You can actually damage it together with other players. After Defeating it, the boss drops the chest. Start hitting it continuously to pick up a high-tier loot, and more gold.