If you are playing or have played Skyrim, you’d know how the game can quickly get boring or repetitive. There are different Skyrim mods for the game that can be used to add an extra layer of fun to the game, however, even without any mods you can have a little fun in Skyrim using console commands.
There are some amazing Skyrim console commands that can be used to boost your character, kill your enemies, or just become Superman in the game. There are hundreds of console commands for Skyrim but we have curated a list of the 55 best Skyrim console command cheats that you can use to make the game even more interesting. So without any delay, let’s go ahead and discover the cheat codes.
Best Skyrim Console Commands (Updated September 2020)
Here, we have enlisted all kinds of Skyrim console commands so you can easily navigate between weapons, skills, items, and more. On top, we have added the most useful Skyrim cheats so you can choose to be immortal and have fun all through the game. In case, you have no idea how to use Skyrim console commands then go through our mini-guide below.
- Most Useful Skyrim Cheats
- Skyrim Console Commands for Items
- Major Skyrim Item Codes
- Skyrim Console Commands for Perks
- Skyrim Console Commands for New Skills
- Skyrim Console Commands to Increase Carry Weight
- Skyrim Console Commands to Level Up
- Skyrim Console Commands for Weapons
- Skyrim Console Commands for Gold
How to Use Skyrim Console Commands
In order to use these commands in Skyrim, you need to press the “~” key on your keyboard. This key is located right below “Esc” and left to the “1” key. Pressing this key will bring up the developer console, where you can input and execute all of these commands in the game.
You can also press the up and down button to move between commands. Now that you know how you can execute these commands, here are the 55 best Skyrim console commands.
List of Top Skyrim Console Commands
Most Useful Skyrim Cheats
1. Toggle Immortal Mode: TIM
This command will make your character immortal. It will still take damage but won’t ever die.
2. Toggle God Mode: tgm
This command will give your character all the abilities. Infinite health, stamina, and boosts, as if it were a god.
3. Resurrect: Resurrect <#>
This command will resurrect a dead NPC (Non-player character). If you use <1> then the NPC will be brought back to life with all the items. Using no number would bring them back without any items.
4. Start All Quests: saq (Replaces 8. Toggle Run Mode)
Start all of the quests in game. Fair warning, this might break your game so add a save before entering this command.
5. Complete All Quests: caqs
This cheat command will complete all the stages of each one of your quests.
6. Complete Quest: CompleteQuest <QuestID>
This will complete a single quest for you.
7. Unlock: unlock
You can use this command to unlock any locked door or chest instantly.
8. Teleport to a Location: coc <location>
This command will instantly teleport you to any location on the map.
9. Toggle Map Regions: tfow
This command will turn on/off unexplored areas on the map.
10. Toggle Artificial Intelligence: TAI
This command will turn AI off or on. Characters will no longer react to you if AI is turned off.
11. Free Camera: tfc (Replaces 3. Kill Target)
Toggle the free camera, this will allow you to move the camera any way you want.
12. Toggle Combat Artificial Intelligence: TCAI
This combat will make the computer controlled characters unable to attack you. They will be hostile but won’t attack you at all.
13. Make an NPC mortal/immortal: setessential <BaseID> <#>
This will make an NPC mortal or immortal depending on your choice. Use 0 for mortal or 1 for immortal.
14. Gender Change: sexchange
You can change the gender of any targeted character by using this command.
15. Teleport NPC: moveto player
This will instantly teleport any NPC to your location.
16. Set Player Relationship: player.setrelationshiprank <RefID> <#>
This will alter the relationship between your character and an NPC.
17. Move to Target: movetoqt <QuestID>
This command will move you to the specific target of the current quest.
18. Change Race: SetPlayerRace <Raceid>
This will change the race of your player, if you are unhappy with the selection.
19. Enable Control in Cinematics: enableplayercontrols
You will be able to control your character during cinematic cut scenes as well, which is pretty cool.
20. Quit: qqq
This will quit the game instantly without any delays.
21. Kill all NPCs: killall
This will kill all the NPCs in the local area. Essential NPCs won’t be killed though.
22. Set Weather: sw <WeatherID>
This will change the climate and weather of the game. You can set any weather you want during your gameplay.
23. Toggle No-Clip Mode: tcl
No clip mode will allow you to walk through any objects without any obstruction.
Skyrim Console Commands for Items
24. Add Item: additem <ItemID> <#>
This command will add an item to the target’s inventory. Use specific ItemID to add your desired item to the inventory.
25. Equip Item: equipitem <itemID> <#> <left/right>
This command will force a target to equip an item from their inventory. Mention the ItemID to equip the desired item. Using left/right will make the target use the respective hand.
26. Unequip Item: Unequipitem <ItemID> <#><left/right>
As the name suggests, it will unequip the current item.
27. Drop Item: player.drop <ItemID> <#>
This will let you drop any specified item on the ground.
28. List Inventory: player.showinventory
This command will show you an entire list of all the items in your inventory. These items will also have their ItemID next to them.
29. Duplicate All Items in Inventory: duplicateallitems (Replaces 6. Empty Inventory)
Major Skyrim Item Codes
30. Add Lockpick: player.additem 0000000a 1
This cheat code will add a lockpick to your item list. You can use it to open any lock in the game.
31. Firewood: player.additem 0006F993 1
With this Skyrim item code, you don’t need to wander and loot Firewood from houses. Just execute this command you will have Firewood in your item list.
32. Lantern: player.additem 000318EC 1
Want to add a lantern to your item list? You are just one command away.
33. Pickaxe: player.additem 000E3C16 1
This adds a Pickaxe to your inventory.
34. Torch: player.additem 0001D4EC 1
Along with lantern, you can also add a torch to your inventory with this cheat code.
Skyrim Console Commands for Perks
35. Add Perk: player.addperk <PerkID>
This command will add any desired perk to your character.
36. Remove Perk: player.removeperk <PerkID>
This will remove any perk in your character you are not happy with.
Skyrim Console Commands for New Skills
37. Add Shout: Addshout <ShoutID>
This will add a shout ability to the player’s skill list. You must first unlock the shout to make this work.
38. Increase Skill Points: IncPCS <AVskill>
This will add one point to your specified skill tree.
39. Give Skill Points: AdvSkill <AV> <#>
This will allot the player any amount of skill points to use for their skills.
40. Equip Spell: Equipspell <SpellID> <left/right>
This will force the target to equip a known spell. You cannot use it to learn new spells but only already known spells can be equipped by the target.
41. Player Spell Book: psb
This command will unlock all the spells and all the shouts for the player.
42. Open Character Customisation Menu: showracemenu
This will open up a character customization menu that will show all your skills. You can make changes to your characters abilities through this menu.
Skyrim Console Commands to Increase Carry Weight
43. Set Carry Weight: player.modav carryweight X
You can set carry weight even more than your own weight and your walking speed will not reduce. By default, the carry weight is set to 300.
44. Increase Burden: player.modav burden X
Burden is a spell effect that allows you to increase your weight. However, with this code, you can temporarily increase your weight instantly.
45. Movement Speed: player.setav speedmult X
If you feel you are too slow while walking or running then just execute this fun Skyrim console command and you can increase your movement speed. Keep in mind, X is modified by percentage here.
46. Set Stamina: player.setav Stamina X
You can increase your stamina immediately with this command.
Skyrim Console Commands to Level Up
47. Level Up: player.advlevel
This command will level up your character. However, you won’t be able to get any perks by leveling up through this way.
48. Set Player Level: player.setlevel <#>
This cheat command will set your character level to any specified value.
49. Get Current Stage: GetStage <QuestID>
This will show you the current stage of the active quest.
Skyrim Console Commands for Weapons
50. Iron Dagger: Player.AddItem 0001397E <#>
This will add an Iron Dagger weapon to your inventory. Replace # with how many Iron Daggers you need.
51. Ancient Nord Bow: Player.AddItem 000302CA <#>
If you are a long-time Skyrim player then it’s impossible that you don’t find the Ancient Nord Bow useful. Just execute this Skyrim Item code and you will get as many bows as you want.
52. Falmer Arrow: Player.AddItem 38341 <#>
Since you have the Ancient Nord Bow, you should also get the powerful Falmer Arrows in your inventory. You can add as many as you want.
53. Daedric Mace: Player.AddItem 000139B8 <#>
Want the dreadful Daedric Mace to destroy your enemies. Here is the item cheat code for you.
54. Give Dragon Souls: player.forceav dragonsouls <#>
You can give your character any number of dragon souls to use in the game.
Skyrim Console Commands for Gold
55. Add gold to Inventory: player .additem 0000000f 1000
This command will add 1000 gold units (depends on your choice) to your inventory. So, you will have as much gold as you want.
Ready to Try These Fun Skyrim Console Commands?
There are hundreds of other cheat commands for Skyrim but we have compiled only the ones we think are most useful for the players during gameplay. If you think there are other commands that can come in handy during gameplay and make it easier for the player, feel free to mention them in the comment section below.