Out of all the major sandbox games available in the market, Roblox takes its update cycle most seriously. You can’t even launch a game experience without installing the latest version in certain cases. While updating the game on other platforms may be simple, this may not be the case for users running Windows or macOS.
Not every platform has an app store, where Roblox updates are merely a click away. Luckily, we have you covered in this aspect. In this guide, learn how to update Roblox on your Windows PC or Mac hassle-free.
Why Should We Update Roblox?
In the case of most Roblox experiences, you have no option but to keep the platform up to date to open them. But there are also a bunch of other benefits of keeping Roblox updated, including:
- New Features: Roblox regularly releases updates that include new gameplay, characters, and performance features. For players with special needs, updates also ensure that the game is playable for most people with improvements to the accessibility features.
- Bug Fixes: Keeping the game updated ensures that you see the developer-side bugs less often and can enjoy an error-free experience.
- Security: Updates usually come with security patches that are important to protect you and your data on Roblox servers.
Update Roblox On Mac and Macbook
If you use a macOS device to play Roblox, follow the steps below:
1. First, launch a browser and go to Roblox’s official website (visit here). Then, login into your Roblox profile. Unless you are already logged in, the website will automatically redirect you to its login/ signup page.
2. After logging in, open any Roblox experience page from the homepage.
3. Then, click the “Play” button to launch the Roblox experience.
4. The browser will seek your permission to launch Roblox on your system. Click the “Allow” button to proceed.
5. Finally, Roblox will open up and automatically update itself before launching your selected experience. This usually takes a few minutes. You can check our list of best Roblox shooting games while you wait for the latest version to install.
Fix Error Updating Roblox on Mac
Unfortunately, trying to update Roblox often also means dealing with some of its various infamous errors. If you face issues while updating Roblox on Mac, here are a few easy fixes:
- Check the Roblox Server Status: If the Roblox servers are down, it will prevent you from updating or even playing the game.
- Uninstall and Reinstall Roblox: A reliable way to update Roblox is by downloading the app from scratch. But make sure to delete all files related to the existing version before doing so.
- Disable Your VPN: Your VPN can interfere with the connection between Roblox servers and your system. Disabling it usually fixes it.
In case none of these hotfixes work for you, we also have a dedicated guide to resolve the Roblox not updating on Mac issue. You can use the linked guide to get your game up and running in no time.
Update Roblox on Windows
There are two editions of Roblox available on Windows. Use the dedicated sections for either version to update the one you prefer.
Update Roblox Player
The Roblox Player is the edition of Roblox you download as an executable (.exe) file and use as a standalone classic software. Follow these steps to update it on Windows:
2. Then, open any of the experience’s pages from its homepage by clicking on it.
3. Next, use the “Play” button to open that experience.
4. Your browser will now try to launch Roblox. After that, click the “Open Roblox” button when prompted.
5. Finally, Roblox will automatically launch and update itself. All you have to do is wait for the update to finish.
Update Roblox from Microsoft Store
Follow these steps to update the app edition of Roblox that’s present on the Microsoft Store within Windows:
1. First, press the Windows key and search for “Microsoft Store“. Then, open the app.
2. Next, use the search bar at the top and look for “Roblox”.
3. Finally, click the “Update” button on Roblox’s store page. It can take anywhere between a few seconds to a few minutes for the update to finish.
Fix Error Updating Roblox on Windows
If you face issues while updating Roblox on Windows, you can use the following quick fixes to resolve them:
- Reset Internet Settings: You can get rid of your internet customizations so that Roblox has direct and unrestricted access to its servers.
- Clear Store & Roblox Cache: Much like smartphones, clearing the cache of the MS Store edition of Roblox fixes most of its update issues.
- Firewall Exception: A common cause behind update errors in Roblox often has to do with the firewall or antivirus creating an unwanted blockage. Adding an exception in the same should resolve the problem.
We also have a dedicated guide covering how to fix Roblox not updating on Windows. You can find detailed tutorials to utilize the above-mentioned fixes and more solutions with the linked guide.
With that, you are now ready to update and get back to playing Roblox on Windows and Mac with no issues. And once the update finishes updating, we suggest you try some of the best Roblox games with your friends. Though, some of you might face the Roblox error 267 while doing so just after an update. Fortunately, you need to use our linked guide to fix it. With that said, which is your favorite platform to play Roblox on? Tell us in the comments below!