Alongside the recent iOS 11.3 update, Apple started rolling out a new version of macOS High Sierra. The latest update, v10.13.4, brings a number of cool new features including business chat and eGPU support.
Here’s the official changelog as mentioned on Apple’s support page:
- Adds support for Business Chat conversations in Messages in the US.
- Adds support for external graphics processors (eGPUs).
- Fixes graphics corruption issues affecting certain apps on iMac Pro.
- Allows jumping to the rightmost open tab using Command-9 in Safari.
- Enables sorting of Safari bookmarks by name or URL by Control-clicking and choosing Sort By.
- Fixes an issue that may prevent web link previews from appearing in Messages.
- Helps protect privacy by only AutoFilling usernames and passwords after selecting then in a web form field in Safari.
- Displays warnings in the Safari Smart Search field when interacting with password or credit card forms on encrypted web pages.
- Displays privacy icons and links to explain how your data will be used and protected when Apple features ask to use your personal information.
Changelog for enterprise users:
- No longer disables User Approved Kernel Extension Loading on MDM-enrolled devices. For devices with DEP-initiated or User Approved MDM enrollment, administrators can use the Kernel Extension Policy payload.
- Improves Spotlight search results for files stores on network mounts.
- Properly evaluates ACLs on SMB share points.
- Adds the –eraseinstall flag to the startosinstall command in the macOS Installer app at Contents/Resources/startosinstall. Users can use this flag to erase and install macOS on a disk.
- Updates System Image Utility to allow creating NetInstall images that erase and install macOS to a named target volume.