It’s time for you to put all other weapons aside because we are going to craft a Netherite Sword in this guide. This is easily the best weapon you can find in Minecraft and a game-changer for players on the top Minecraft servers out there. Not to forget, even in the offline survival world, you can take out any hostile mob with the Netherite sword. But how powerful is this weapon? More importantly, how do you make Netherite Sword in Minecraft? Let’s find out!
Craft Netherite Sword in Minecraft (2023)
We will first go over the strengths of the Netherite sword before moving on to its crafting process. If you are only interested in its crafting, use the table to skip right ahead.
How Powerful is a Netherite Sword
Out of all the six swords in Minecraft, the Netherite sword is considered to be the most powerful. But how powerful it really is? Let’s try to find out by comparing the durability and the damage dealt by each sword in Minecraft.
Sword Attack Damage (HP) Durability Wooden 4 59 Stone 5 131 Iron 6 250 Gold 4 32 Diamond 7 1561 Netherite 8 2031
|Sword||Attack Damage (HP)||Durability|
In swords, durability stands for how much usage each of them provides to the players. Attacking a mob reduces 1 point, breaking blocks reduces 2 points, and finally, breaking items that break instantly reduces 0 points of durability.
As you can notice, Netherite swords have much higher attack damage and durability than all other swords in Minecraft. That means this sword not only deals more damage than the others but also lasts longer than all of them.
Items Required to Make Netherite Sword
You need to collect the following items to make a Netherite sword in Minecraft:
- Diamond Sword
- Netherite Ingot
- Smithing Table
- Upgrade Smithing Template
How to Make a Diamond Sword
To make a diamond sword, you only need to combine two diamonds with a wooden stick on the crafting table in Minecraft. Its crafting recipe is linear, so you simply need to place the stick vertically beneath the two diamonds.
How to Get an Upgrade Template
Follow these steps to obtain the Netherite Upgrade Smithing Template:
1. First, make a Nether portal and use it to travel to the Nether dimension.
2. Then, search for a Bastion Remnant structure. Use can use commands in Minecraft to search faster.
3. After locating the Bastion Remnant, you have to travel to its bottommost part and find the treasure room. In the middle of this room, you will find the chest with one Upgrade Smithing Template. If you don’t wish to look for templates again, learn how to duplicate (or make) Smithing Templates in Minecraft using our linked guide.
How to Make Netherite Sword in Minecraft
Once you have the Upgrade Smithing Template, follow the steps below to make a Netherite Sword in Minecraft:
1. First, open the Smithing Table by right-clicking or using the secondary action key.
2. Then, place the Upgrade Template in the leftmost cell. You can see the dynamic animation in the Smithing table before doing so.
3. Then, place your diamond sword in the middle cell adjacent to the template.
4. Finally, place the Netherite ingot in the right-most cell on the Smithing table. With that, your Netherite sword is now ready for use.
Best Netherite Sword Enchantments
There are a bunch of amazing sword enchantments in Minecraft that you can use with your Netherite sword. If you want to make Netherite sword your main weapon, we suggest you at least go with these:
- Mending: This enchantment allows you to restore the durability of your sword by killing mobs and collecting experience orbs.
- Sharpness: As the name implies, this enchantment increases the sharpness, and thus, the damage dealt by your sword. You will need an anvil in Minecraft to apply Sharpness V enchantment on your Netherite sword.
- Smite: Similar to sharpness, Smite enchantment increases the damage dealt by your sword but only towards undead mobs who make up the majority of hostile mobs in Minecraft.
Make Netherite Sword in Minecraft 1.20
Whether you want to take over the leaderboard in the Minecraft PvP servers or protect yourself from hostile mobs, the Netherite sword is going to be your best friend. Though, in terms of survival story, it might be overkill in the battle against the Wither. However, if you try to defeat the Warden in Minecraft, you will definitely get the worth of your weapon. With that said, how are you going to test your Netherite sword? Tell us in the comments below!