Generally, Minecraft offers its players a fair share of adventure and risk in their blocky worlds. You get dangerous hostile mobs in particular areas, especially at night. Meanwhile, you also have useful Minecraft ores and villagers to support you all the time. But after days of crafting and exploration, things can become a bit bland. If you are approaching a similar stage, then it’s the perfect time to meet the Wither. It’s the second boss mob of Minecraft that you can fight anywhere you want. So, gear up, and let’s figure out how to spawn the Wither in Minecraft!
Spawn Wither Mob Boss in Minecraft (2022)
Before spawning or creating the Wither, we will first cover the items you require for this process. But if you don’t want to wait, you can use the table below to directly skip to the spawning process.
What is a Wither in Minecraft
Wither is the second strongest hostile mob in Minecraft, topped only by the Warden (not a boss mob) that was added in the Minecraft 1.19 update. Unlike other mobs, the Wither doesn’t spawn on its own. Instead, the player has to create a Wither-like structure out of specific blocks to summon it. This unique method does add extra steps to fighting this boss mob, but it also allows you to decide the location where you want to fight the Wither.
Most players prefer to fight this mob in open areas to have easy getaways from the flying Wither. Having some mobs in the area is an added bonus as Wither is hostile towards all mobs except undead mobs and can be distracted easily. Moreover, if you want to make a beacon in Minecraft, you have no choice but to fight the Wither.
Items Required to Make Wither Structure
To spawn the Wither in Minecraft, you need to make a structure that looks like the Wither. For that, you need the following items:
- Four blocks of soul sand or soul soil
- Three Wither Skeleton skulls
To collect the soul sand or soul soil blocks, you first have to make a Nether portal to travel to the Nether dimension. Usually, these soul sand or soil blocks generate in soul sand valley and nether wastes biomes. In the overworld, you can find the soul sand blocks in the Ancient city, right beneath the portal-like structure.
How to Get Wither Skeleton Skulls
Follow the steps below to get Wither Skeleton skulls in Minecraft:
1. First, use a Nether portal to visit the Nether dimension.
2. Then, look for a Nether fortress, which is a huge dark structure comprising towers, bridges, and hallways.
3. Finally, look for Wither Skeletons, which are a black variant of the overworld Skeletons. They are hostile and extremely powerful.
4. When you find Wither Skeletons, you have to kill them until you have collected Wither Skeleton skulls. The drop rate of these skulls is low, so you might have to kill dozens of Wither Skeletons. Use looting sword enchantment to improve your odds. We need three Wither Skeleton skulls to spawn the Wither in Minecraft.
How to Spawn a Wither in Minecraft
In order to spawn a Wither in Minecraft, you have to make a Wither structure using the collected items. Follow these steps to do so:
1. First, find an open space to conveniently fight the Wither. It’s best to do so away from your Minecraft house as Wither can easily break blocks.
2. Then, place a block of soul sand or soul soil on the ground. Next, place another block on top of the first block, creating a tower-like structure.
3. Then, place one block on each side of the top block creating a t-shaped structure (see picture below).
4. Finally, place the Wither Skeleton skulls on top of each of the soul sand or soul soil blocks. As soon as you finish placing the last skull, the Wither will spawn in Minecraft.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you spawn the Wither in the nether?
You can spawn the Wither within the End, Nether, and the Overworld dimension of Minecraft.
Why is the Wither not spawning?
The Wither structure requires open space to spawn the Wither. So, make sure that it’s not being blocked by other solid or non-solid blocks on its side or top.
Who would win Wither vs Ender Dragon?
Most players report the Wither to be stronger than the Ender Dragon in the hardest difficulty of Minecraft.
Wither vs Warden: who is stronger?
Based on the damage and health of Minecraft, the Warden is the strongest mob in Minecraft. It is stronger than the Wither too.
Can a Wither break obsidian blocks?
Wither retaliates whenever it takes damage, and it causes an explosion that also destroys nearby blocks upon spawning. While doing so, it can also destroy blast-resistant blocks like Obsidian. Wither is the only mob in Minecraft that can destroy Obsidian blocks.
What is a Wither Storm?
The Wither Strom is an upgraded version of the Wither and is exclusive to Minecraft: Story Mode.
Spawn and Fight the Wither in Minecraft
With that, you are now ready to spawn the Wither in Minecraft anywhere you want. But the story doesn’t end there. You also have to defeat the Wither to make your efforts worth something. For that, the best Minecraft potions are a must-have during your fight. And if they aren’t enough, you can also use some of the best Minecraft enchantments to upgrade your gear before the fight. Though, for any skilled player, an armor made of Netherite in Minecraft should be enough. Having said that, are you ready to fight the Wither? Tell us in the comments!