While some apps help us perform the most important tasks of our day-to-day life, there are many apps that we only use rarely. And well, it often gets difficult to keep track of installed applications on your iPhone as they accumulate randomly on the home screen. It is not always feasible to delete apps on your iPhone to declutter the home screen as some apps are not needed frequently, but you might use them every once in a while. So, a smart idea is to create app folders on your iPhone to avoid scrolling through multiple screens to find the app you wish to use. You can create multiple folders and name them as per your preference to declutter your iPhone home screen. Keep reading to know how you can organize apps on your iPhone using folders.
How to Create Folders & Organize Apps on iPhone
Creating app folders on your iPhone will make it easy for you to access important apps and organize your iPhone’s home screen. Here’s how it works:
1. Press and hold an empty space on your iPhone home screen until the app icons start to shake.
2. Now, drag an app and hold it over another app to create an “App Folder” containing both apps.
3. Next, drag and place any app you want in the created folder.
4. Once you have added all the preferred apps to the folder, tap “Done” at the top right corner of your screen.
Note: Your iPhone, in many instances, will automatically name the folder depending on the nature of the apps you add to it.
How to Remove an App from a Folder
So you have successfully created an app folder on your iPhone but have accidentally added the wrong app to it. Worry not, as you can easily remove an app from the folder. Below, we have shown you how –
1. Tap on the created app folder to open it.
2. Long-press and hold the “App” you want to remove.
3. Drag the app outside the folder and place it on your home screen.
4. Now, tap “Done” at the top right corner.
And that’s it. You have successfully removed an app from a folder on your iPhone.
How to Rename App Folders on iPhone
As stated above, your iPhone automatically names the app folder for you. But when you add apps meant for different purposes to the same folder, the iPhone simply names it Folder. You can follow the steps below to give your folder a name or change the existing name.
1. Press and hold the app folder you want to rename on your iPhone.
2. Tap “Rename” from the list of options in the pop-up window.
3. Now, enter your preferred name for the folder.
4. Next, tap anywhere on your home screen to close the folder.
5. Finally, tap “Done” at the top-right to save changes.
How to Delete App Folders on iPhone
There can be instances when you don’t need the particular app folder anymore or want the apps in the folder to appear individually on your iPhone home screen. Well, you can easily delete an app folder on your iPhone. Here’s how you can do it:
1. Touch and hold the app folder on your iPhone homescreen.
2. Tap the “Remove Folder” option from the pop-up menu.
3. Now, tap “Remove from Home Screen” to confirm your action.
And that’s how you can delete a folder on your iPhone. However, this will remove the folder and the apps will not be displayed on the home screen. Instead, they will be added to the app library. But, if you want to delete an app folder and want the apps to stay on the home screen, follow the steps below:
1. Tap on the app folder to open it.
2. Touch and hold the apps one at a time and drag them out of the folder.
3. Once the folder is empty, it will automatically get deleted.
4. Tap “Done” at the top right when finished.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Press and hold the app to move and place it anywhere on the home screen.
You simply need to drag an app over another app to create a folder on your iPhone. You can refer o our article above for the detailed process.