Until this year, it was impossible to officially post a poll on Snapchat. Fortunately, that changes with Snapchat’s January update, which has brought the option to make and run polls natively to the messaging app. If you are interested in using Snapchat to know the opinion of your friends via polls, here’s how you can create a Snapchat poll on your iPhone and Android device.
Create Polls on Snapchat (2022)
Other than the official Snapchat poll sticker, we have also added a third-party option that lets you post anonymous polls to your Snapchat Stories. Hence, make sure you read on till the end to know all about creating a poll on Snapchat.
How to Make Your Own Poll on Snapchat
1. Open Snapchat’s camera interface and click a picture or pick one from your camera roll. When the story preview appears, tap on the “Stickers” icon from the right side pane.
2. From the stickers panel, select the new “Poll” option from the top menu. You can then add your question in the poll’s textbox saying “Ask a question”. Unlike Instagram polls, the replies here are focused on emojis, and you can choose emojis as poll responses. By default, you get thumbs up and thumbs down as the poll options.
3. To change the emojis in the poll responses on Snapchat, tap on the emoji and wait for the emoji panel to show up. Here, you can choose any of the available emojis based on your preference.
4. After picking the right emojis, tap the “Story” button at the bottom-left corner of the screen to add the poll to your Snapchat story. And that’s it. Now, you know how to make and run a poll on Snapchat.
Check Poll Votes and Share Results to Snapchat
Once you create and share a poll to your Snapchat story, you can check the poll results from your profile page. Here’s how it works:
1. To get started, tap the Bitmoji (or profile) icon at the top-left corner and press the story preview under the “My Stories” section.
2. Then, press the vertical three-dots menu icon at the top-right corner of the screen and tap on your poll question under the “Poll” section.
3. You can now see the poll’s results. If you want, you can choose to share the results in your Snapchat story. To do so, press the “Send Results” button and tap “Send” from the story preview UI.
4. Now, choose “My Story” and tap on the “Send” button at the bottom-right corner. As you can see below, the results of the poll will now appear as a new Snapchat story, and your friends will be able to view it. You can also choose to share it with a select group of friends if you make a private story on Snapchat.
Snapchat Polls Alternative: PollsGo
If you want more flexibility with your polls, we suggest using a third-party service like PollsGo or Opinion Stage. For this tutorial, we will be using PollsGo. Follow the steps below to create an anonymous poll on Snapchat:
1. Visit the PollsGo website (visit), name your poll, and tap “Get Started“. When the pop-up appears, select “Add your own question” to create a custom poll.
2. Add your question in the textbox and enter the options. Once you are done, press “Done adding questions” and tap “Copy link” from the next page to copy the link to the poll. You can uncheck “Make results public” if you are not interested in revealing the results to everyone.
3. Open the Snapchat story creation interface and tap the attachment icon from the right side pane. Here, paste the poll link and wait for the preview to appear.
4. Then, tap the “Attach to Snap” button to add the link and hit the “Story” button at the bottom-left corner of the screen. It will post the Snapchat story containing the poll you created earlier.
5. And you are all set. Your story viewers (even if you make a public profile on Snapchat) can now visit the attached link to vote. The poll is anonymous, but you can choose to hide the results, as mentioned earlier.
Snapchat Polls: Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can you create a poll on Snapchat?
Snapchat has recently added a polls feature that you can use to survey your friends. We have added the instructions to create a Snapchat poll in this article.
Q: Are Snapchat polls anonymous?
No, Snapchat polls are not anonymous. However, you can create anonymous polls from websites like PollsGo or Opinion Stage and share them on Snapchat.
Q: Can I create a Snapchat poll with text responses?
The official Snapchat polls feature doesn’t accept text responses. That said, you can rely on third-party poll maker websites to create polls with text-based responses.
Use Polls to Survey Friends on Snapchat
Snapchat’s implementation of polls is rather unique, thanks to its emoji-focused approach. If you think the official polls sticker is limiting for your query, you can always use poll websites to create and share detailed polls on Snapchat. For more such tips, do not forget to take a look at our article on the best Snapchat tips and tricks. If you use any other tools or workarounds to run polls on Snapchat, do let us know in the comments section.