Do you prefer watching movies in your regional language? Or using an app in your favorite language feels comfortable. If yes, then Netflix has heard you. Apart from hosting a plethora of amazing content, Netflix is also known for keeping its audience interest above everything else. Therefore, it supports 34 languages, so you don’t have to worry if English isn’t your primary one. In this article, we will discuss the quickest ways to change the language for the display, audio, and subtitles on Netflix. Moreover, we will answer a few other burning questions you might have. So, without any further ado, let’s begin.
How to Change Language on Netflix
The steps for changing the language on Netflix are primarily available through the website only. The function is available in the account setting. So, if your device lets you access that, you might be able to change the language. However, the Netflix account setting isn’t accessible from all devices. We will cover all the methods for devices for which language setting is available.
How to Change Language on Netflix Using Browser
There are two major language settings in Netflix, i.e., the display language and the content language. The display language will change your Netflix profile’s overall user interface language. The content language will only change the default audio and subtitle language for shows and movies. You can change both settings from the same place by visiting Netflix through your browser. Just follow the steps mentioned below:
- Sign in to Netflix (visit) from a web browser.
- Now, hover on your profile icon on the top-right corner and click Account.
- Here, click on “Change” in front of the “Language” option located at the bottom. If you have multiple profiles, just click on your preferred profile to unveil the option.
- Check the circle for your preferred Display Language. To change the Content Language, scroll below and select the preferred language under the “Shows & Movies Language” section.
- Lastly, click Save and continue using Netflix in the new language.
Note: You can set a different language for every profile. Additionally, you can choose more than one language for your content.
How to Change Language on Netflix Using Android Smartphone
Using Netflix’s Android app you can watch your favorite shows on the go. However, not all settings are available to use through the app. You can still access the account settings using the Android app, which leads back to the browser page on your phone. The overall appearance and process are slightly different and might cause confusion. Therefore, use the following steps to change Netflix language on your Android smartphone.
- Firstly, log in to the Netflix app on your smartphone.
- Then tap on the profile icon on the top-right corner.
- Now, scroll down and select Account. It will open the account setting on your mobile browser.
- Here, tap on “Change” in front of the “Language” option located at the bottom. If you have multiple profiles, just tap on your preferred profile to unveil the option.
- Check the circle for your preferred Display Language and Show and Movie language.
- Lastly, click Save and continue using Netflix in the new language.
Changing the language from one platform will change it on the server-side. Therefore, you will see the updated setting from any device you choose to watch.
Note: Netflix does not allow you to change default language settings from the Smart TV app. You can still temporarily watch a movie or show in your preferred language by changing the subtitle and audio language.
How to Change Netflix Language on Apple TV
Changing the primary languages for your profile isn’t possible on the Apple TV. Therefore, you will require to adjust that setting from a web browser. Here’s how you can change the audio and subtitle language while watching your favorite show.
Apple TV 2/ Apple TV 3
If you have an older Apple TV, follow the steps below:
- Press and hold the center button on your Siri Remote (Apple TV remote).
- Choose your preferred language from the “Audio and Subtitle” menu that pops up.
Apple TV HD/ Apple TV 4K
- Swipe down on the Apple TV remote.
- Choose your preferred language from the “Audio and Subtitle” menu that shows up.
How to Change Netflix Language on Roku
Though it’s not possible to change the display and content language on streaming sticks like Roku, you can change the audio and subtitle language for individual shows fairly easily.
To do this, press the Up or Down button on your Roku TV remote to reveal the subtitle menu and select the language you want. The process is similar for other streaming devices or smart TVs.
How to Change Netflix Language in iPhone
Like other devices, Netflix doesn’t allow you to change account settings from your iPhone. You will require to log in to Netflix using a web browser on your phone to access these settings. Then, follow the same process as described for the web browser section. Changing subtitle and audio language while watching is straightforward, as described below.
How to Change Netflix Audio and Subtitle Language on iPhone
Netflix supports multiple languages for audio and subtitles for almost every show and movie it hosts. You can watch the show in another language and use appropriate subtitles. However, not all content is available in every language, which imposes some restrictions. So, keeping that in mind, let’s see how to change audio and subtitle language in Netflix.
- Firstly, open the show you want to watch.
- Now, pause and click on the caption icon at the bottom of your screen.
- Here, select the preferred audio and subtitle language.
- Hit Apply, and you are good to go.
If you didn’t find your preferred language in the audio and subtitle section, make sure to check the language in the main settings using the above method.
FAQs Related to Changing Netflix Language
How do I change the Netflix language on Smart TV?
Not all Smart TVs support changing Netflix language on the app. Therefore, I recommend you log in through your smartphone or PC using a browser to change the settings.
Does changing language also change the default subtitle language?
Yes, suppose you change the primary language from Account settings. In that case, Netflix will prefer to show you the same language subtitle whenever you watch a show. However, you can quickly switch back to English by opening the Audio and Subtitle panel.
How do I turn off Netflix dubbing?
You can quickly switch back to the default language for a show from the Audio and Subtitle menu once you start a show or movie. The setting is located at the bottom of the screen.
How do you search for audio language on Netflix?
You can visit netflix.com/browse/audio to filter content by audio language. However, not all shows are visible in the list.
Changing Netflix Language
Netflix adds multiple language support for its shows continually. It has 34 languages currently, and I hope it will keep increasing in the future. Plus, it’s quite useful that changing languages on Netflix is easy, even if the feature isn’t available on all platforms. So, which language do you prefer watching Netflix in? Do you have any doubts or questions about changing Netflix language? Let us know in the comments.