Bookmarking pages in web browsers is very useful, and is one of the more frequently used functions by people who browse through the dredges of the internet, to save websites and pages that are interesting for later perusal. However, more often than not, the favicons being used by websites just don’t look all that good on the bookmark bar in Chrome. Fortunately, there’s a way to change bookmark icons in Chrome, and quite easily. So, if you’re annoyed by the default favicons on your bookmark bar, and are looking to use custom icons, here’s how to change bookmark icons in Chrome:
Change Bookmark Icon in Chrome
Changing bookmark icons in Chrome is actually really easy, and all you need is the image that you want to use as a favicon, and a Chrome Extension. The extension I’m going to use is called “Favicon Changer” (download), and it works very well. In order to change the favicon of a bookmark in Chrome, just follow the steps below:
- Add the “Favicon Changer” extension to Chrome.
- If you already have the image you want to use as the new bookmark icon, you can skip this step. Otherwise, look for an image that you want to use. You can use websites such as “freefavicon” to get free to use favicons.
- Go to the website that you want to bookmark. If you’ve already bookmarked it, just open it in a new tab. Then, click on the “Favicon Changer” icon in Chrome. Here, select if you want to change the favicon for the entire site, or just that particular page.
- Then, click on “Browse”, and select the image that you want to use as the new icon in Chrome.
- Once you’re ready to change the icon, just click on “Change”.
The icon for the bookmark will now be changed, and even the webpage favicon will be changed. You can use any image that you want in place of the original icon for the bookmark.
You can use the Favicon Changer Chrome Extension to easily and quickly change bookmark icons on your Chrome bookmark bar to anything you want. There are a lot of other Chrome Extensions that you can use to achieve the same results, including extensions like “I hate your favicon” (free). However, Favicon Changer is quite easily the easiest to use extension to change bookmark icons in Chrome. I hate your Favicon actually needs the user to have the URL to the image that they want to use as the new icon for the bookmark.
Easily Change Bookmark Icons in Chrome
So, have you ever wanted to change the bookmark icons in Chrome? Which tool did you use? Do try out Favicon Changer, and let me know your thoughts on it. Also, if you know of any other ways to change the bookmark icons in Chrome, do let me know about them in the comments section below.