There is something especially serene about a hug. Don’t you think? A hug from someone can make our day; turn a depressing one into a happy one and when things are known to be wrong, a hug is like an ear that listens to silence. How beautiful it is to celebrate a festival that makes you not only thank God but thank each other for the love so provided. There is so much of poetry in the festival of Eid.
Yesterday, all over the world people celebrated Eid. While in the most distressful times in Jammu and Kashmir people had God to thank; the youth of Indonesia though took selfies but still thanked God. So much of diversity still so much of similarity. Eid was all about this yesterday.
Here are 15 pictures that capture the emotions of the festival beautifully.
1. In Kashmir, India
2. In Bali, Indonesia
3. Taj Mahal, India
4. Vasi Ullah Mosque- Allahabad, India
5. Fatehpuri Masjid – New Delhi, India
6. Fatehpuri Masjid – New Delhi, India
7. Jama Masjid – New Delhi, India
8. Vasi Ullah Mosque- Allahabad, India
9. Jakarta, Indonesia (Time For Selfie)
10. In Pakistan
11. In Islamabad, Pakistan
12. Celebrations in Baghdad, Iraq
13. Iraqi Soldiers Checking for Security Reasons in Baghdad, Iraq
14. In Dhaka, Bangladesh
15. Jama Masjid – New Delhi, India
So tell us a bit about your thoughts on the festival of Eid. We’ll be waiting.