The second wave of Coronavirus pandemic has affected people all over the world, with India being one of the worst-hit nations. Keeping the situation in mind, we’ve compiled a list of essential COVID-19 resources in India. While you can search Coronavirus test and vaccination centers on Google, this resource could be helpful if you or someone you know are going through this crisis. We have included helpline numbers, official and crowdsourced info for vacant beds in hospitals, oxygen cylinders, plasma donors, and more in this article. So let’s not beat around the bush and dive right in.
List of COVID-19 Resources in India (April 2021)
There are separate sections on efficiently using Twitter search, finding vacant beds, Plasma donors, and more. Make sure you read till the end and do not forget to share this with your friends and family.
COVID-19 Helplines in India
For helpline numbers, check out these Google Docs documents from Fridays for Future:
- India-wide COVID-19 Resources
- State-wise COVID-19 Resources
- Central Helpline Number: 011-23978046 | Toll-Free: 1075
Note: While using Twitter or any other crowdsourced data for resources, beware of scammers. Do make sure you don’t pay in advance and visit the place to confirm the legitimacy before proceeding with payment. If you come across a person trying to sell crucial resources in the black market, do not hesitate to report to the Police.
Twitter COVID-19 SOS
Noticing how Indians are extensively using Twitter to crowdsource essential COVID-19 resources, Twitter has set up a dedicated page in the Explore section with a list of resources and timely updates. You can use the link below or go to the COVID-19 tab from Twitter’s Explore section to access it.
Visit Twitter COVID-19 SOS
Twitter Search for COVID-19 in India
Another crucial resource is Twitter Search for COVID-19. It is a simple webpage that lets you search Twitter based on your requirements, including hospital beds, oxygen, or Remdesivir.
Enter the name of the city, pick your requirement, and click on ‘Search or Generate Links’ to generate the search query. You will then be taken to Twitter’s search results. While you are there, make sure to go to the ‘Latest’ tab to see the most recent posts.
Visit Twitter Search for COVID
Oxygen and Vacant Beds in India
Note: While using crowdsourced data, beware of scammers. Make sure you don’t pay in advance and try to visit the place to confirm the legitimacy before proceeding with payment. If you come across a person trying to sell crucial resources in the black market, do not hesitate to report to the Police. We’ve marked official and volunteer sources to avoid confusion.
- Andhra Pradesh (Official)
- Delhi (Official | Volunteer)
- Gujarat – Surat (Official) | Vadodara (Official | Volunteer) | Ahmedabad (Volunteer 1 | Volunteer 2)
- Haryana (Official) – Gurugram (Official)
- Karnataka – Bengaluru (Official | Volunteer 1, Volunteer 2, Volunteer 3) | Hyderabad (Volunteer)
- Kerala (Official)
- Madhya Pradesh (Official) – unavailable right now | Bhopal (Volunteer)
- Maharashtra – Mumbai (link down right now) | Nashik | Navi Mumbai | Palghar | Pune (Volunteer 1, Volunteer 2) | Thane
- Rajasthan (Official)
- Tamil Nadu (Official)
- Telangana (Official)
- Uttar Pradesh (Official)
- West Bengal (Official | Volunteer) – Kolkata (Volunteer 1 | Volunteer 2) | Siliguri (Volunteer)
- PAN India (Volunteer 1 | Volunteer 2)
Plasma Therapy Resources for COVID-19 Patients in India
You can use CovidPlasma.online as a curated destination for plasma therapy resources. The webpage has over 25 sources to connect plasma donors with patients. Some of the websites that will come in handy in your search for plasma donors are as follows:
COVID-19 Vaccine Registration in India
People in India over the age of 18 can register from April 28 on the official CoWIN website or through the Aarogya Setu app to get vaccinated. You can register up to 4 people using the same phone number. Do keep an ID proof handy while you register for the vaccination. Here are the accepted ID proofs:
- Aadhaar card
- Driving License
- PAN card
- Pension Passbook
- NPR Smart Card
- Voter ID Card (EPIC)
In case you’re wondering, you can see the vaccine being administered at each vaccination center near you. You also have the option to cancel or reschedule the vaccine appointment if you can’t make it on the previous date. We are working on a detailed guide on how you can register to get the COVID-19 vaccine in India if you’re over 18 years of age.
One fact we would like to point out is that getting vaccinated doesn’t mean you are completely immune to Coronavirus. There are instances of reinfections after the vaccination. So make sure you continue to wear a mask to protect yourself and others whenever you go outdoors or visit a public/ crowded place.
Mental Health Resources
Losing someone to Coronavirus or any disease is never easy to process and can take a toll on one’s mental health. Here are a few resources that might come in handy to cope during these trying times:
- Mental Well-Being: Resources for the Public (WHO)
- Coping with Stress During COVID-19 (CDC)
- Mental Health in the times of COVID-19 Pandemic (NIMHANS & MoHFW)
- GVAN Mental Health Resources (Therapists, Support Groups)
- Therapize India
- Yuvaa Mental Health Resources
- List of Mental Health Practitioners for Young Adults
Other Useful Links to Help Combat COVID-19 in India
- Global Volunteers Action Network (GVAN) COVID Resources
- Uncut Covid Resources
- Covid Aid Resources (Instagram)
- Covid Resources (Crowdsourced Data)
- India Covid Resources (Crowdsourced Data)
- Covid Facts (Crowdsourced Data)
- Remdesivir Distribution List (Crowdsourced Data) | Official Cipla Remdesivir Distribution List
- Tocilizumab Distributor List (Cipla)
- Covid Meals India (Crowdsourced Data 1 | 2 | 3)
- There is no Earth B Verified Leads (Crowdsourced Data)
- Covid Fight Club (Crowdsourced Data)
- Verified Covid Leads (Crowdsourced Data)
- Covid Khoj (Crowdsourced Data)
- Covid Win (Crowdsourced Data)
- Bengaluru Vaccine Availability (Crowdsourced Data)
- Mumbai Hospital Admissions (Check Page 33)
- Telemedicine (Doctor Volunteers)
COVID-19 Resources for India
So, these are the resources we found that could help you or someone you know affected by Coronavirus. If you have found a crucial resource that’s not listed here, let us know in the comments below, and we will regularly update the article with more leads. And again, do not forget to share this with your friends, family, and acquaintances to help them out.