In spite of several security warnings, the Supreme Court’s order to link your Aadhaar number to your mobile number remains unchanged. The apex court had recently extended the deadline from February 6 to March 31, 2018, and those who fail to get their number verified will have to suffer temporary or even permanent disconnections.
To help its customers who are left behind, Vodafone has launched a new IVR-based service allowing you to verify Aadhaar as per your convenience without any hassles of visiting the store.
In case you’re a Vodafone customer who is yet to link their Aadhaar ID and mobile numbers, you can follow these simple steps:
- Keep your Aadhaar ID number handy and make sure you can access the number registered at the time of your Aadhaar enrollment.
- Call 14546 from the Vodafone number you wish to verify and select your preferred language.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar ID. You’ll be asked to re-enter the same for the sake of accuracy.
- An OTP will be sent to your mobile number registered with your unique Aadhaar ID. Key in this OTP to proceed with the verification process.
- One the last step is complete, you will be asked to enter the details of other mobile connections associated with your Aadhaar card. In case you’re not sure, enter the ones you remember and continue.
- If you’ve entered details correctly, you should receive an SMS within 26 hours, notifying you that the verification has been completed.
Special Provisions for NRIs, Senior Citizens, and Physically Challenged
Vodafone has also introduced special measures to ease the process for Indians living abroad as well as the elderly and physically challenged citizens. In all these cases, the users or any of their “trusted parties” such as friends or family can enter details on their behalf on this page. In case Aadhaar is not available, these users can also enter details or other documents like Passport, Ration Card, or Voter ID card, along with proof of their address abroad, old age, or disability.