- iPhone offers an easy way to delete duplicate photos without using any third-party app.
- Open Photos>Album? Duplicates> select duplicate photos that you want to delete> Merge.
- In case you accidentally delete a photo from the duplicate album, you can find it in the Recently Deleted album for the next 30 days.
Managing your iPhone storage can be a daunting task, especially when duplicate photos start to pile up in your Photos library. These redundant images not only eat up valuable storage but also clutter your gallery. So in order to free up space on iPhone and maintain a neat & organised efficient photo gallery, deleting those duplicate photos is a must. Keep reading to learn how to delete duplicate photos on iPhone.
While many third-party apps are out there to do the job for you, deleting duplicate photos on iPhone manually gives you precise control over the selection process. This allows you to personally review each duplicate photo to ensure no important images are accidentally removed.
With that said, here’s how you delete duplicate photos on your iPhone:
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone, and tap the Albums button in the bottom menu bar.
- Here, scroll down to the bottom and tap on Duplicates.
- Now, select the duplicate photos you want to delete from your iPhone.
- Once the selection process is done, tap the Merge button at the bottom center and then confirm the action on the popup.
Now, your iPhone will merge all the selected duplicate photos and the duplicate copy will move to the recently deleted album.
Yes, Apple readily detects any duplicate photo you have on your iPhone, and you can view them in the Duplicates album in the Photos app.
Head to the duplicate album from the Photos app, select the photos you want to delete and tap the merge button.