Reliance Jio recently announced the JioPhone 2 at its 41st Annual General Meeting and we’re sure you have a lot of questions about the second-gen low-cost 4G device from the company. The budget JioPhone 2 has quite a lot of things going in its favor, from its super affordable cost to its new QWERTY design, and its a befitting device to fuel the next wave of the mobile internet revolution in the country.
Unlike most other feature phones in the market today, the JioPhone 2 offers a wide array of value added features, along with Jio’s proven high speed 4G connection which brings a smartphone-like experience on a low-end budget device which is more accessible to people in the country. Well, without much further ado, here are answers to the most frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the JioPhone 2:
Specifications and Hardware
- What are the specifications of the JioPhone 2?
Display 2.4-inch QVGA (320x240p)
Processor 1.2GHz dual-core
Storage 4GB, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card
Primary Camera 2MP
Secondary Camera 0.3MP
Operating System KaiOS 2.5
Connectivity Bluetooth 4.1, dual-SIM, Wi-Fi 802.11, b/g/n, GPS, NFC, 3.5mm audio jack, microUSB port
Price Rs. 2,999
- Which processor does the JioPhone use?
The JioPhone 2 is powered by a 1.2 GHZ dual-core processor, but Reliance Jio has not revealed any information about its make or model number.
- How much RAM does the JioPhone 2 have?
The JioPhone 2 packs in 512MB of RAM which will be more than enough for the kind of applications it has to run.
- What’s the internal storage capacity of the JioPhone 2?
The JioPhone 2 will ship with 4GB of internal storage.
- Does the JioPhone 2 have a microSD card slot?
Yes, the JioPhone 2 does have a microSD card slot which supports up to 128GB microSD cards.
- Does the JioPhone 2 have dual cameras?
No, the device does not have a dual camera setup.
- Does the JioPhone 2 have a fingerprint sensor?
No, the device does not have a fingerprint sensor.
- What’s the operating software on the JioPhone?
The JioPhone 2 makes use of KaiOS, a platform developed specifically for ‘smart’ feature phones.
- Does the JioPhone 2 support Android apps?
No, the device does not support Android apps.
- Does the JioPhone 2 have a voice assistant?
Yes, the JioPhone 2 comes with the Google Assistant and it even has a dedicated button to launch the assistant.
- Does the JioPhone 2 offer video call support?
Yes, the JioPhone 2 support video calling using the 0.3MP front facing camera.
- Does the JioPhone 2 have an app store?
Yes, the JioPhone 2 has an app store called JioStore.
- Does the JioPhone 2 support WhatsApp?
Yes, the device comes with support for WhatsApp.
- Does the JioPhone 2 support regional languages?
Yes, the JioPhone 2 comes with support for 24 regional languages.
- Does the JioPhone 2 support Google apps?
While the JioPhone 2 doesn’t support all Google app, it does include support for Google Maps, Assistant and Search.
- What’s the battery capacity of the JioPhone 2?
The device packs in a 2,000mAh battery.
- What kind of battery life can I expect from the JioPhone 2?
Jio claims that the 2,000mAh battery on the device will provide a standby time of 360 hours.
- Does the JioPhone 2 support fast charging?
No, the device does not support fast charging.
- What’s the size of the display on the JioPhone 2?
The device packs in a 2.4-inch QVGA display with a 320×240 resolution.
- Does the JioPhone 2 have an HD display?
No, the device has a QVGA display.
- Does the JioPhone 2 have a touchscreen?
No, the JioPhone 2 does not have a touchscreen.
- Does the JioPhone 2 offer dual-SIM support?
Yes, the JioPhone 2 comes with dual-SIM support.
- Does the JioPhone 2 have a USB-C port?
No, the JioPhone 2 has a microUSB port.
- Does the JioPhone 2 include Bluetooth support?
Yes, the JioPhone 2 features Bluetooth 4.1 low energy.
- Does the JioPhone 2 include NFC support?
Yes, the device comes with NFC support.
- Does the JioPhone 2 include GPS support?
Yes, the JioPhone 2 includes GPS support for navigation and location sharing.
- Does the JioPhone 2 include WiFi support?
Yes, the JioPhone 2 comes with 802.11 b/g/n WiFi support.
Pricing and Availability
- What’s the price of the JioPhone 2?
The JioPhone 2 has an affordable price tag of just 2999 INR.
- When does the JioPhone 2 go on sale?
The JioPhone 2 goes on sale on August 15th.
- Where can I buy the JioPhone 2?
The JioPhone 2 will be available for purchase on Reliance Jio’s website and retail outlets.
Excited for the JioPhone 2?
We hope that we’ve answered all of your most frequently asked questions about the upcoming JioPhone 2 which is set to release on August 15. However, if you still have any doubts or queries about the device, feel free to drop your questions in the comments section below.