WhatsApp constantly tests out a bunch of different new features on both Android and iOS. One such much-awaited feature that had been in the pipeline for quite some time was the ability to send video messages on WhatsApp. Guess what? The feature has now landed on Android and iOS versions of the social messaging app via a recent WhatsApp update. And from the looks of it, texting will soon become “old school” anytime now. If you want to join in on the fun, here’s how to send instant video messages on WhatsApp easily!
Note: You can record and send video messages of up to 1-minute in length on WhatsApp. It is supported on both Android and iOS devices.
The steps to send a video message on WhatsApp are the same on iOS and Android, and here’s a quick rundown of how it works:
1. First things first, update WhatsApp if you have not updated it yet to get the new feature.
2. Now, open the chat of the person you want to send a video message to.
3. Here, find the voice note icon beside the camera icon at the bottom right. Tap on the voice note icon, and it will automatically switch to the video icon.
4. Now, just like you would send a voice note, long press the video icon to start recording a video message. If the video message is not going how you want it to go, just slide your finger left to cancel the recording.
5. You can also swipe up to lock the video recording mode so that you don’t have to long press the button anymore.
6. Once you are done recording your video message, tap the send button. Or, if you want to do a retake, simply tap on the “delete” button and redo the steps. Then, hit send.
That’s it, you will have successfully sent over your first instant video message on WhatsApp. For a closer look at the feature in action, check out our Instagram reel below.
To send a video message on WhatsApp for Android or iOS, open someone’s chat and tap on the voice note icon. Once it shifts to video mode, long-press the video icon to start recording an instant voice message. Hit send.
The brand new WhatsApp instant video message feature allows you to send short video notes on WhatsApp, similar to how you record and send voice messages.
You can record up to 1-minute-long WhatsApp video messages at the moment.
Sending a video and a video message on WhatsApp are two very different things. While videos refer to media files, a video message is quite literally a quick message in video format. An instant video message on WhatsApp is similar to a snap on Snapchat.