Silent Chests are one of the special chained boxes you can find while exploring the world in Diablo 4. However, upon clicking to open it for the first time, you might get a warning saying you will need a special key. Fortunately, getting one is a simple process, and in this article, we will show you how to get a Whispering key and open a Silent Chest in Diablo 4.
Steps to Open Silent Chest in Diablo 4
To open up silent chests, you need something called a Whispering Key. If you click on one of these chests without a whispering key, you will receive an error message on your screen. However, the game does not mention where to get the key from. Fret not, we are here to solve this problem.
1. Buy a Whispering Key
Fortunately, if you have been doing the various side quests Diablo 4 has to offer, obtaining this key is easy. To get a whispering key, follow the steps below:
- Ensure that you have at least 20 murmuring obols in your inventory. You can learn how to get murmuring obols in Diablo 4 using the linked guide.
- Then, travel to one of the major cities and locate a Purveyor of Curiosity vendor (look for the cashbag icon). Kyovashad, the first region on the map, is the best place to go.
- Once you locate the vendor, click to interact with them and see a list of items.
- Next, click on the Whispering Key option at the bottom. One whispering key costs 20 murmuring obols.
2. Locate and Open Silent Chest
Upon receiving a Whispering key, travel to the location of the silent chest on the map, and open them like any other chest in Diablo 4. It is advisable to carry multiple whispering keys on you, so you can immediately unlock silent chests if you stumble upon them in the game.
What Are Silent Chests in Diablo 4
To put it in simple words, Silent Chests are random item boxes in Diablo 4 that spawn around the map randomly for a finite amount of time. The chance of coming across one is based on your luck, and if you don’t open them at a given time, chances are that you’ll probably have to find another one.
Compared to standard chest boxes, Silent Chests drop gears with rarer stat. But, the chance of getting a rare gear is once again randomized and rather low. Still, opening these chest causes no harm, and you might even gain high-tier gear early in the game. Of course, randomized dungeon drops are always a thing, but why not take advantage of something easier? If anything, regardless of what you get, it will help you in your fight against the forces of Lilith in Diablo 4.