One of the highlight features of Diablo 4 is its shared open world with real life players and the ability to party up with them. With the game following a system similar to MMOs like Lost Ark, the game will allow various people and even friends to team up and take on the forces of Lilith. However, some players might find the process confusing. But fret not, as we’ve explained how to party up with your friends and even random players in this guide.
How to Party Up with Friends In Diablo 4
The first thing you might instinctively want to do after reaching a certain level is party up and try out multiplayer co-op with your friend in Diablo 4 (like multiplayer co-op in Elden Ring). And that is the correct thing to do. After all, Diablo 4 is designed with cooperation between players in mind, especially when fighting bosses like Ashava.
That said, follow the steps below to invite your friends to your party and slay the forces of hell together:
- First, ensure that you have your friend added to your Battle.net account via the in-game menu. This is important as Diablo 4 supports crossplay between all the platforms. Alternatively, you can have your friend’s email associated with the game or the BattleTag.
- Reach Kyovashad to unlock the multiplayer mode. Then, and navigate to the “Socials” tab.
- On the socials tab, the game will show you all your friends that are currently online on Battle.net or are in-game. Click on the friend’s name who you want to party up with in Diablo 4.
- In the pop-up menu, click the “Invite to Party” option.
- Your friend then simply needs to accept the invite. You can also “Request to Join (their) Party” if you had plans to play together.
- If you do not have your friend added in Diablo 4 to party up with, press the “Add am Friend” option in the “Socials” tab and enter their BattleTag to add them to your friend list. Then, follow the above instructions.
Partying up with your friends has its benefits in the game. In Diablo 4, staying near a player gives you a +5% XP bonus. This becomes a 10% XP bonus when you are in an active party with a friend. Hence, there is zero harm in partying up with anyone in Diablo 4.
How to Party Up with Random Players in Diablo 4
Of course, given the always-online nature of the game, Diablo 4 also allows you to party up with random players in the game. To invite any random player to your team, follow the steps below:
- Stand near a player and press E on the keyboard to bring up the interactive wheel. On the controller, press D-Pad up.
- From the wheel, press the “Invite To Party” option to send an invite to the nearby player.
- If the player accepts the request, they will join your party and help with fighting enemies. Here’s what the invite will look like:
Doing so will give you the necessary XP boost that the game provides, such as the 10% XP buff. This also gives you a great chance to flaunt all the cosmetics you probably will unlock in the Diablo 4 battle pass. Furthermore, who knows, you might make a new friend through the game.
Frequently Asked Questions
In Diablo 4, a total of four players can party up together. There are no restrictions on gears or ranks.