Minecraft is a popular game that appeals to players of all ages and regions. This open-world sandbox game allows players to explore, build, and create their own virtual worlds. However, Minecraft is not the most affordable option, especially when compared to similar games like Roblox. But there’s no need to worry, as there are various simple ways to play Minecraft for free in 2023. You can get Minecraft for free by exploring the options in this guide, and it’s a great way to test the game before deciding if you want to purchase it or not. So, from trials to subscription services, let’s figure out how to get Minecraft for free.
How to Play Minecraft for Free (2023)
We have discussed five different methods to play Minecraft for free on any platform, including PC, Mac, consoles, and mobile devices. We have covered everything from free trials to online platforms that let you play the game anywhere in a browser window.
Gey Minecraft Bedrock Free Trial
As you might already know, Minecraft has two iterations — Java edition, which is exclusive for PC users, and the Bedrock Edition, which is available on a variety of platforms. Both the versions offer free trials to let you hop into the blocky world of Minecraft and try out the mechanics. Once you are satisifed with the experience, you purchase the full version. For now, here is how you can access the Bedrock free trial:
1. Head to the official Minecraft website using this link. You will find the “Try it Free” option in the navigation bar at the top here. Click on it.
2. On the next page, you will find free trial download links for Minecraft Bedrock edition. You can get a free trial on the following platforms:
- Android (Play Store)
- Windows (Windows Store)
- PlayStation 4, PS 3, PS Vita (PS Store)
The length of the free trial varies with each platform. Furthermore, surprisingly, even though Minecraft is co-owned by Microsoft, there is no free trial available for Xbox users.
Get Minecraft Free Trial for Java Edition
Minecraft’s Java edition is only available on Windows, Mac, and Linux computers. You can also get a free trial on all three platforms by visiting the official Minecraft website. Here’s how it works:
1. Much like the Bedrock edition, head to the official Minecraft website (visit) and click the “Try it Free” option in the top navigation bar.
2. On the next page, scroll down to access the Java Edition free trial for Minecraft. You will find the download links and instructions for Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs on this page. The website will download and install the Minecraft launcher, like the regular version of the game. Then, it will ask you to login into your Microsoft account.
3. Once you have installed the Minecraft trial version on your PC and power up the game, you will see the “Play Demo World” option. Click on it and try out the blocky mechanics of the game.
If you have Minecraft officially purchased, the launcher will allow you to jump into the main game right away. Otherwise, you get the said limited-time demo version of survival Minecraft.
Play Minecraft Classic in a Browser
The Minecraft we know and love is nowhere close to the game it was at the time of its initial release. This is even before the time Herobrine came into existence. The blocky experience remains pretty much the same but the game was limited in terms of features. If you wish to try out the original version of Minecraft for free without even downloading it, you can do that. Here’s how:
1. Just head to the official Minecraft Classic webpage (here) and enter a username to start playing the game in your browser. You can invite up to 9 friends to join you using the link on the website.
2. Unlike the trial, there is no time limit to this version of the game. Though, you do not have a lot to do in this retro version of Minecraft anyway. You can break and place blocks while exploring the different Minecraft biomes in this web version.
Play Minecraft Online in Browser for Free
If the classic edition of the game doesn’t feel enticing enough on your browser, you can also try the new Minecraft free trial without even downloading the game. It is available on the “now.gg” cloud network. While it is available on every platform with an internet connection, you can only use it in a few countries. If you are in a serviceable region, head over to the cloud version of Minecraft (here) and enjoy the game for completely free.
Get Minecraft with Xbox Game Pass
If the limited or classic versions of Minecraft are not enough for you, here’s how to get the complete Minecraft Java or Bedrock experience for free:
1. First, go to Microsoft Game Pass’s official website (visit here).
2. Then, click the “Join Now” button. In the United States, when you first subscribe to the Game Pass, it only costs $1. This price varies in different countries and changes with conversion rates.
3. Next, you have to choose the Xbox Game Pass subscription plan as per your needs. If you want to access Minecraft only on a PC, the PC pass is enough. Meanwhile, if you also plan to play the game on an Xbox, you need to pick the “Ultimate” option. Since both the plans cost the same for the first month, we suggest you make a choice wisely. Click on the “Join” button.
4. Then, sign in with your existing Microsoft account or create a new one.
5. After signing in, the website will ask you to accept the basic terms and conditions of the subscription. Click on the “Next” button to continue.
6. Finally, add the payment method, make the required payment, and activate your Xbox game pass.
7. Once your Game Pass subscription is active, you can download the Minecraft launcher from the Microsoft or Xbox store (here). Then, as long as you have an active subscription, the full version of the game will be accessible to you.
Furthermore, this is the only method of playing Minecraft for free that allows you to join official servers like Hypixel. If you download the Java version of the game, you can also install the best Minecraft mods to elevate your game experience.
Download and Try Minecraft for Free
Now, you are ready to dive into the world of Minecraft and experience the blocky world before making the final purchase. We suggest you first go through the best Minecraft seeds to explore the most amazing worlds the game has to offer. However, if you are more interested in the creative side of Minecraft, trying to create some of the best Minecraft farms might be a better use of your time. With that said, are you going to buy Minecraft or stick with its free versions? Tell us in the comments below!
i want minecraft
I don’t have a minecraft
I want a free minecraft
I will stick with it,s free versions
Thanks so much I never would of known how to download minecraft without paying there hefty price without this. I am deeply moved by this articles incredible literature and I am extremely thankful for this second look on like I never would of known how to press the free trial button on pc without a mouse.
Trial = free?
No trail is for only 1week