Apex Legends Mobile has quickly become one of the most hyped and happily accepted ports of a tried and tested hit. Putting 60 players against each other, this battle royale title offers gamers the option to choose from various characters with unique abilities and battle it out. Apex Legends Mobile has several exciting characters that gamers can try out and experiment with during the global launch. So if you are an Apex Legends Mobile gamer looking to learn about the characters you can play with, we have just made your life easier. We have compiled a list of all the characters (or legends) currently available in Apex Legends Mobile, along with their abilities. So charge up your smartphone, and let’s get to it.
Apex Legends Mobile Characters and Abilities (June 2022)
While we have detailed all the characters in Apex Legends Mobile along with their abilities in this article, we have also addressed questions gamers might have on their minds about the official release. However, if you are a veteran and want to jump straight to the legend list, use the table below.
Do Characters in Apex Legends Mobile Work Like the PC/ Console version?
While the fundamentals and core abilities of each character in Apex Legends Mobile will remain the same as the PC/ console version, there is a high chance they might play a bit differently on mobile. That is primarily due to the specific balancing and tweaks required depending on the platform you play the game on.
So yes, there is a chance that specific parameters like weapon and ability damage numbers might change. However, as we mentioned above, the core abilities and qualities of each legend will remain untouched. That means you won’t need to relearn the way you play a legend – be it Wraith or Gibraltar.
Can I Expect More Characters in Apex Legends Mobile Soon?
Yes, you definitely can. The number of characters is currently limited in the Apex Legends Mobile global release. However, as the developer further optimizes the game and rolls out more content, we expect the list of characters to grow and include all the legends available on the PC and console versions. So don’t worry, as we will constantly update the list with new Apex Legends Mobile characters when they become available in the game.
List of Characters in Apex Legends Mobile Right Now (Season 2)
Without further ado, let’s list out all the characters (or legends, as the game calls it) available in Apex Legends Mobile right now.
For Apex Legends Mobile gamers who want to track down their enemies and shed blood, Bloodhound is the perfect character for you. Long been regarded as one of the greatest hunters the Frontier has ever seen, Bloodhound is a technological tracker with a tragic past. The unidentified legend was orphaned at a young age when a meltdown destroyed a facility and killed both their parents.
Thankfully, Bloodhound was cared for by uncle Arthur, who while tried to teach them the old ways, failed. And well, Bloodhound embraced modern technology and ultimately honed it enough to save their village.
Aided by the Earth’s old Norse Gods, Bloodhound is an excellent addition to any squad with their tracking abilities. They make sure no enemy can ever hide from you on the battlefield. Make sure to have this handy Apex Legends mobile character on your team for when the time comes.
- Passive Ability: Tracker – No enemy can hide as this ability grants you the vision to see any tracks left behind by your foes. You can see how long ago an enemy passed through an area on the map and track their path.
- Tactical Ability: Eye of the Allfather – Bloodhound can briefly reveal and see any hidden enemies, traps, or clues spread throughout the structures on the map in front of the player.
- Ultimate Ability: Beast of the Hunt – Granting a boost to movement speed and agility, this ability gives Bloodhunt not only speed but also turns the surroundings monochrome and highlights preys in red for easy takedowns.
Designed explicitly for frontline warriors in Apex Legends Mobile, Bangalore is a soldier who hails from a military background. With the entire family serving in the IMC, an organization Titanfall players will be familiar with, Bangalore is a character with extensive combat experience.
Stranded on a Syndicate planet after a ship crash that supposedly killed her brother Jackson, Bangalore fights in the Apex Games to save up for the trip back home. Then, she may finally reunite with what’s left of her family.
Anita Williams is a character for Apex Legends players who are not afraid of charging right in. Encompassing an ability combination of attack deception, speed, and offense, Bangalore is a legend Apex mobile players absolutely must try.
- Passive Ability: Double Time – This ability increases Bangalore’s sprinting speed by 30% if the character is taking fire. However, it is only for a brief time (around 2 seconds). You could, however, combine the Double Time ability with your movement to escape fights or confuse enemies close range.
- Tactical Ability: Smoke Launcher – Bangalore fires a high-velocity smoke canister that creates a thick smoke wall on impact. This wall can be used to create deception and sneak by uninformed assailants.
- Ultimate Ability: Rolling Thunder – Designed to cause absolute mayhem, this ultimate ability allows the legend to call in an artillery strike that slowly eviscerates the landscape.
An adrenaline junkie, Octane aka Octavio Silva, used to perform death-defying stunts before he got into a freak accident. When he was informed that he would lose both his legs, Octane guilted an old friend into helping him. Now outfitted with bionic legs, which this speed-loving Apex Legends mobile character can repair anytime, Octane seeks a bigger thrill. His search led him to the Apex Games, but his pursuit to seek more death and become the Apex Champion has kept him there.
Designed for players who think like Octane, this Apex Legends mobile character is perfect for speed junkies and entry fraggers who can automatically heal themselves after taking damage.
- Passive Ability: Swift Mend – Octane automatically restores any lost health over time (1 HP per second).
- Tactical Ability: Stim – The Stim gives 30% extra movement speed for six seconds. However, the downside is that it costs health (HP) to use every time. So use it carefully while rushing into a fight, else you will be 50HP and eliminated in a matter of time.
- Ultimate Ability: Jump Pad – A team-centric ability, Octane can deploy a jump pad that catapults you and your teammates who jump on it through the air. There’s also a double jump mechanic tied to the Jump Pad to take you even farther.
Dubbed as a gentle giant who can go a little crazy, Gibraltar is a tank-based character in Apex Legends mobile. Growing up as a son of two search and rescue volunteers, Makoa has always been adept at getting others out of dangerous situations. After causing a dangerous accident that made his father lose an arm, Gibraltar dedicated his entire life to saving others. This skill becomes especially useful in Apex Games as Gibraltar puts his life on the line on the regular.
Gibraltar is the perfect legend for players who think of their teammates before themselves in Apex Mobile. You can use his abilities to not only slow down fights but take down enemies with a mortar strike as well. So yeah, Gibraltar is one of the most well-round characters in Apex Legends Mobile.
- Passive Ability: Gun Shield – Whenever he aims down sights, this ability deploys a gun shield from his arm. It blocks incoming fire, thereby saving health.
- Tactical Ability: Dome of Protection – Allows Gibraltar to throw down a massive dome shield that blocks incoming fire and protects teammates. It also enables him to fast-revive his downed teammates.
- Ultimate Ability: Defensive Bombardment – Going offense for the sake of defense, Gibraltar’s ultimate calls in a concentrated mortar strike on a marked position.
Ajay Che is a medic who understands the realities of war. Growing up as the child of wealthy war profiteers, she left home when she realized her family’s dark past. Now taking part in the Apex Games on the regular, Lifeline engages in the bloodsport while acting sarcastic and tough. However, the 24-year-old medic has a deep resolve in her heart to save people and doesn’t mind spilling a little blood of enemies to achieve that goal.
Players looking for an action-packed character in Apex Legends Mobile should steer clear of Lifeline. This legend is a medic through-and-through and comes in super handy for resetting after fights.
- Passive Ability: Combat Revive – Taking the grunt work out of reviving, this ability deploys the D.O.C drone to revive teammates automatically. That means you are free to move and defend. And unlike the PC/ console game, Lifeline still retains her revive shield in this mobile port.
- Tactical Ability: D.O.C Heal Drone – Calls the drone of compassion that automatically heals nearby teammates over time.
- Ultimate Ability: Care Package – For times when your squad is out of gear, Lifeline can call in a drop pod full of high-quality defensive items, including shields, gun magazines, and heals, among other things.
Reconnaissance is the key to any successful operation, and Pathfinder is here for that. This handy robot was booted up decades ago with no idea of who he is and who created him. MRVN decided to take matters into his own robotic arms and set out on a journey to find out his creator. Pathfinder has joined Apex Games in the hopes of building a following and attract his creator, which alas is not possible. His creator was deceased in a blast on the floating city of Olympus, as revealed in an Apex Legends PC arc.
Made for quick yet comprehensive scouting operations, Pathfinder is a cheery operator who can traverse through various areas and provide evacuation if needed. Check out Pathfinder’s abilities in Apex Legends Mobile:
Passive Ability: Insider Knowledge – Enables Pathfinder to scan a survey beacon (scattered across the battle royale maps) and reveal the circle’s next location before the time comes.
Tactical Ability: Grapple – Fires a handy hook that you can use to get to out-of-reach places quickly. The grappling hook can be attached to almost every terrain and help you escape fights as well.
Ultimate Ability: Zipline Gun – Similar to the name, Pathfinder’s ultimate ability lets you create a zipline from Point A to Point B on the map in Apex Legends Mobile that everyone can use.
An interdimensional skirmisher who cannot remember her own past, Wraith aka Renee Blassey is a whirlwind fighter who’s capable of manipulating spacetime. Aided by a version of her who taught Wraith to listen to the voices inside her head, this legend broke through into our reality, bearing questions. Now Wraith takes part in the Apex Games to find out about her past.
This Apex Legends mobile character packs a skillset that is apt for deception and offense. Players with Wraith on their squad can rest easy as she can inform you about nearby threats and help relocate from one location to another.
- Passive Ability: Voices from the Void– A preemptive ability, a voice warns the player when danger is nearby. When an enemy looks towards you or targets you, Wraith is warned about the same.
- Tactical Ability: Into the Void– Wraith can quickly move through spacetime, thereby avoiding all damage. Make sure to exit the phase form behind suitable cover else enemies can beam you right away.
- Ultimate Ability: Dimensional Rift – This ability enables Wraith to create two portals that connect to each other for 60 seconds. It can come in handy for escaping fights or taking the offensive.
Once one of the brightest scientists of Humbert Labs, Alendander Nox aka Caustic, went crazy with his ambition to create full-proof pesticides. Caustic started testing on human subjects but was soon confronted, leading to destruction. Now under the name of Caustic, this Apex Legends mobile character takes part in the Apex Games to test out his gaseous creations and their effects on people.
Players who like to hunker down and play defensively will be obsessed with Caustic and his gas traps. Here’s a brief about Caustic’s abilities in Apex Legends Mobile:
- Passive Ability: Nox Vision- Allows Caustic to see enemies through his own (as well as enemy’s) gas. You will see a green outline of enemies, making it easier for you to take them out.
- Tactical Ability: Nox Gas Trap – Caustic drops deadly Nox gas canisters that explode when enemies pass by near it or you shoot at them. You can use these gas canisters to lock down a building and prevent enemies from entering with ease.
- Ultimate Ability: Nox Gas Grenade – As the name suggests, you throw a deadly Nox gas grenade that covers a large area and damages enemies in that area.
The Holographic Trickster of the Outlands, Mirage, knows how to have fun and confuse the hell out of the enemies in the Apex Games. The legend was working as a part-time bartender before his beloved mother gave Mirage a set of customized holo devices to follow his dreams and participate in the games. Now, we know Mirage for his witty humor and charming personality.
Players who like to troll and have a laugh while taking down enemies will feel at home with Mirage. Here’s a brief about Mirage’s abilities in Apex Legends Mobile:
- Passive Ability: Now You See Me – Proficient in using holo tech, this ability allows Mirage to cloak himself while reviving downed teammates or plugging their name tags in the Respawn beacon.
- Tactical Ability: Psyche Out – It enables Mirage players to send out a holographic decoy with a limited health and footsteps to fool enemies. You can then flank the enemies and take them out or flee the scene.
- Ultimate Ability: Life of the Party – Introduced in Season 5 on PC and console, this ultimate ability sees Mirage deploy not one but five decoys at the same time. Also, using the ability makes Mirage invisible for some time, giving him a small window to escape the enemies and take cover or bamboozle the heck out of them.
Players acquainted with the PC/ console version of the game will not be familiar with Fade. That’s because Fade arrives as the first mobile-exclusive legends in Apex Legends Mobile with the global launch of the game. He’s dubbed the phasing punisher, and you will find some similarities to Wraith in his kit.
Hailing from Salvo, Fade joins the Apex games to avenge his family, who was brutally killed by mercenaries looking to get their hands on a mysterious simulacrum suit with phase technology. The legend now uses the simulacrum suit to his advantage, and here are all his abilities:
- Passive Ability: Slipstream – Fade gains a short momentum boost at the end of a slide. You will see an increase in movement speed after you slide and start running.
- Tactical Ability: Flash Back – The game brings another take on Wraith’s phase ability with this legend. You can phase back to your previous location from a while ago using this ability. It could prove beneficial while pushing enemies and making initial plays for your team.
- Ultimate Ability: Phase Chamber – This is a throwable grenade that sends all characters within its range into the void for 3.5 seconds, as per our testing. You cannot shoot the enemy while they’re in the void, nor can they shoot you. Also, if you get caught in there with them, you both cannot shoot each other but move around freely. This ability could be useful to quickly disengage fights or confuse enemies.
Loba was never tested in any of the closed betas ahead of the global launch, but she was spotted in the Apex Legends Mobile Launch trailer. And well, with the launch of the second season of Apex Legends Mobile, Loba has joined the Apex games.
For those unaware, Loba Andrade joined the Apex games to take revenge against Revenant, who killed her parents when she was little. She relies on Jump Drive technology to not only move out of sticky situations but also secure loot for herself and her teammates. You can check out her abilities here:
- Passive Ability: Eye for Quality – Enables Loba to spot nearby epic and legendary loot through walls, enabling her to get to higher-tier loot before enemies and teammates.
- Tactical Ability: Burglar’s Best Friend – This legend has integrated the Jump Drive technology into a near bracelet, which allows her to teleport out of sticky situations or take a power position during fights.
- Ultimate Ability: Black Market Boutique – One of the most useful abilities for users who like to have the best loot in-game. This ability sees Loba place a portable device that allows you to teleport nearby loot directly into your inventory. Your teammates can also swipe items from the black market to upgrade their weapon attachments, get heals, and more.
List of Upcoming Apex Legends Mobile Characters (Tested in Beta)
The daughter of the lead electrical engineer of the Apex Games, Natalie Paquette aka Wattson, is a defender capable of manipulating electricity. Joining the games after her father’s passing, Wattson considers all the other legends a part of the family and hence takes part in the Apex Games regularly. However, don’t let her innocent face fool you. Wattson is a deadly opponent capable of not only defending but singlehandedly securing positions for her team. She also created the Game’s containment ring, so be wary of her creation.
Players using Wattson will love her combination of traps and shields. She is another defensive Apex Legends Mobile character but lacks the offensive capabilities that legends like Gilbraltar or Caustic offer. She is weak, as you will see in our Apex Legends Mobile Character tier list below.
- Passive Ability: Spark of Genius- Can fully charge her Ultimate ability by using just one Ultimate Accelerant.
- Tactical Ability: Perimeter Security – Can connect nodes to create electrified fences to secure an area on the map. The fences damage and slow down enemies.
- Ultimate Ability: Interception Pylon – Wattson places an electrified pylon that destroys incoming ordinance, including Gibraltar’s mortar strike, and repairs damaged shields.
With more stealth and preparation under his belt, Crypto is the silent but deadly surveillance expert in Apex Legends Mobile. Framed for his sister’s murder after finding an Apex Games algorithm, Tae Joon Park aka Crypto is a hacker hell-bent on clearing his name. And for that, he decided the best course of action is to go through the belly of the beast, join the Apex Games and get in the spotlight.
Built for surveillance and recon, Crypto is a character in Apex Legends Mobile that not only gathers intel for himself but the entire team. So if you do pick him for your missions, be sure to not run off into combat and instead help out with your handy drone to start with.
- Passive Ability: Neurolink – Enemies detected by the tactical ability within 30 meters of Crypto’s position are marked for the entire squad. It also shows how many squads are in your vicinity, so you can be prepared to fight them when they appear.
- Tactical Ability: Surveillance Drone – Deploys an aerial drone that shows the surrounding area from above. However, there is a 40-second cooldown if it is destroyed.
- Ultimate Ability: Drone EMP – The Surveillance drone throws off a strong EMP blast that deals shield damage, slows enemies, and disables traps.
This Apex Legends Mobile character once used to be human. Experimented upon by Hammond Robotics, Revenant became a shell of his former shell, transforming into a robot. Now more than two centuries later, the company that did this to him is back, and Revenant is on a path of vengeance. He will not stop until Hammond Robotics is rubble. The Apex Games? Well, that’s just a good pastime.
Revenant is a deadly assault legend capable of causing intense damage while being sneaky and helpful. Use this robotic warrior in Apex Legends Mobile if that specific mix applies to your game style.
- Passive Ability: Stalker – Grants the ability to crouch-walk faster and climb higher than other Apex Legends Mobile characters.
- Tactical Ability: Silence – Revenant throws a device that can deal damage and disable enemy abilities for up to 15 seconds.
- Ultimate Ability: Death Totem – Drops a totem that protects players from death for a short while. If players do die, they return to the totem instead. It is a powerful ability when combined with Octane’s jump pad.
Apex Legends Mobile Tier List: Characters Ranked
Now that you know what role each character plays in Apex Legends Mobile, you must be wondering – who are the strongest and weakest legends in this battle royale game? Well, if you are searching for an Apex Legends Mobile characters tier list, look no further, as we have compiled one for you right here.
With over a year of experience in Apex Legends on PC and after testing the mobile version, here is what our Apex Legends Mobile tier list looks like:
- S Tier: Gibraltar, Bloodhound, Fade
- A Tier: Wraith, Lifeline, Pathfinder, Loba
- B Tier: Bangalore, Caustic, Octane
- C Tier: Mirage
- D Tier: –
- E Tier: –
As you can here, the legends listed at the top (S tier and A tier) will enable you to form a well-rounded team to participate in the games in Apex Legends Mobile. Do you agree with our picks in this tier list? Let us know in the comments section below.
Learn All About Apex Legends Mobile Characters
As we said before, this list of Apex Legends mobile characters will keep growing as time passes. So if your favorites aren’t here, then wait a while as Respawn plans to add more legends with each season launch. For beginners joining the squad, we recommend going through these 20 helpful Apex Legends tips and tricks, so you are on your A-game. If you have any doubts or queries about Apex Legends Mobile or these characters, let us know in the comments section below.
It was always garbage on pc now more so on mobile.
Need a release date (US) lol
When will it release in play store (India)…..🤑 im excited