According to a recent post on the OnePlus forums, the company has now started rolling out OxygenOS Open Beta 1 for the OnePlus 6. If you’re a OnePlus 6 user, you can now test out the first Android 9.0 Pie version of OxygenOS by downloading the ROM from the OnePlus forums.
Here is the changelog for the first OnePlus 6 Open Beta 1 release:
- Update system to Android 9.0 Pie
- Brand new UI for Android P
- New Android P gesture navigation
- Other new features and system improvements
- Integrated OnePlus customization features
- Supported accent color customization
- New Do Not Disturb mode with adjustable settings
- New Gaming Mode 3.0
- Added text notification mode
- Added notification for 3rd party calls
However, before you go and install the OxyegnOS Open Beta 1 on your OnePlus 6, do note that since this is the company’s first release it definitely not stable. Here are some of the known issues that you might face with this ROM:
- Some applications may not function as expected when running on this beta version
- Google Pay service is not working
- Google Play Store might show “Device is not Certified by Google”
In case you aren’t perturbed by the aforementioned issues and still want to flash the ROM on your device then you can follow the instructions provided within the release thread. Make sure you wipe your data and factory reset before flashing the ROM to avoid any issues.
Now that the company has started rolling out OxygenOS Open Beta 1 around the world, we can also expect it to release an Android 9.0 Pie based version of OxygenOS for the OnePlus 5/5T and other older devices. As of now, the company hasn’t revealed any information regarding the same.