Chains are metallics decorative blocks in Minecraft and one of the most interesting items in the game. They are perfect for ancient custom Minecraft maps and serve as a great decoration for most Minecraft houses. Not to forget, since you can walk over them, you also have the option to use them in a variety of traps and Minecraft farms. But that’s for later. For now, let’s learn how to make chains in Minecraft!
Chains in Minecraft (2023)
We are covering spawning, ingredients, and the crafting recipe of chains in the latest version of Minecraft. Use the table below to explore the aspect you want to learn about.
How to Find Chains in Minecraft
While chains are not hard to craft, you can easily find them naturally spawning in the following forms:
- Natural Generation: You can find chains naturally spawning in Bastion Remnants, Ruined Portals, and Mineshafts. They mostly spawn as placed items in these structures.
- Chests: At times, you can also find chains within the chests of Bastion Remnants.
Items Required to Make Chains
If finding chains doesn’t go as planned, you can easily craft them. To do so, you only require the following items:
- 2 Iron Nuggets
- 1 Iron Ingot
- Crafting Table
You can easily get iron ingot by smelting raw iron inside the furnace. Our Minecraft ore distribution guide will help you find iron in no time. Furthermore, you can place an iron ingot in the crafting area to turn it into iron nuggets.
Minecraft Chains: Crafting Recipe
Once you have collected all the items, you need to follow these steps to easily make chains in Minecraft:
1. First, place the crafting table on a solid surface.
2. Then, put the iron ingot in the middle cell of the second row of the crafting area.
3. Next, place one iron nugget in each cell above and below the iron ingot. And voila! You have successfully crafted a chain for yourself in the game.
How to Use Chains in Minecraft
There are three main ways to use chains in Minecraft:
- Decorations: You can place chains on any side of a block to use as a decorative item.
- Suspenders: Even though most blocks in Minecraft don’t require any type of support to stay in place, many players use chains to suspend bells and lanterns in Minecraft. Furthermore, lanterns naturally morph their top part to connect themselves better with chains.
- Hanging Sign: As a crafting ingredient, you can use chains to make hanging signs in Minecraft.
Make and Use Chains in Minecraft
And with that, you are now ready to make chains for a hanging signs or lanterns in Minecraft. It fits right in a variety of in-game structures, and you can find a bunch of ideas for the same on the best Minecraft discord servers. Though, if you want to try something right now, we suggest you build a castle in Minecraft. The medieval look of chains fit right within the blueprint of this structure. Having said that, do you have any other ideas for using chains in your world? Tell us in the comments below!