Curating a playlist and setting a custom playlist image on Spotify can be a pretty time-consuming process. I have spent countless hours curating my music across different genres, artists, and mood playlists over the years. But have you ever deleted any of your favorite playlists accidentally or out of frustration? And do you wish you could bring back those playlists? Well, there’s good news for you. If Spotify is your preferred music streaming service, we will teach you how to recover deleted playlists in this article.
Recover Deleted Playlists on Spotify (2021)
Before we begin, it’s worth pointing out that you can only recover playlists you deleted in the last 90 days. Hence, you can’t restore a deleted playlist after 3 months. With that out of the way, here’s how to recover playlists on Spotify.
Recover Deleted Spotify Playlists on Desktop (Windows and Mac)
1. Open Spotify’s desktop app and click on your username at the top right corner. When the dropdown menu appears, click on “Account”. You will now be taken to your Account Settings page in a browser. Alternatively, you can also directly access Spotify’s playlist recovery page from this link.
2. Log in to your Spotify account using your credentials if you used the direct link. Once logged in, go to the “Recover playlists” section from the left sidebar.
3. Next, you will now see a list of playlists you have deleted in the past 90 days. Spotify will show the playlist’s title, the total number of songs, and the date of deletion so you can easily spot the playlist you want to restore. Locate the Spotify playlist you wish to recover and click on the “Restore” button next to it.
4. That’s it. You will now see the restored playlist at the bottom of the playlists section in Spotify’s desktop app or web player. It goes without saying that you can click and drag a restored playlist to move to the top for quick access.
Recover Deleted Spotify Playlists Using Mobile App (Android and iOS)
Unfortunately, Spotify doesn’t offer a way to recover deleted playlists within its mobile app. Instead, you will have to log in to your Spotify account on a web browser to do this. The steps are similar to what you get on desktop, and here’s how you can recover Spotify playlists on Android or iOS.
1. Visit Spotify’s playlist recovery page from this link and log in to your account. After logging in, you will see all your playlists deleted in the past 3 months. Here, pick the playlist you want to restore and tap on the “Restore” button.
2. You can then open the Spotify app to access your restored playlist. To make it easier to locate the playlist, switch to the “Playlist” tab under Library. You can also sort playlists by “Recently added” to bring the restored playlist to the top. And if you want it to stay at the top, long-press the playlist and tap the “Pin playlist” option.
Restore Deleted Spotify Playlists in Easy Steps
So, that’s how you can easily recover a deleted playlist on Spotify. While some users may be disappointed by the 90 days deadline, 3 months is sufficient time to restore a playlist if you change your mind. For more such tips, go through our article on the best Spotify tips and tricks. Also, if you are not liking Spotify and want to switch away, check out the best Spotify alternatives via the linked article.