In the past few years, Google has done a tremendous job at improving Chrome OS and bringing much-needed desktop-class functionalities. For example, Chromebooks now come with a Clipboard History feature that lets you paste multiple copied items. Apart from that, there is a built-in tool to take a screenshot on Chromebook. And much like Windows and Mac, Chrome OS also comes with emoji support. In fact, the emoji keyboard in Chromebook has improved by a mile and now supports kaomoji, currencies, symbols, and more. So in this guide, we will explain how to find emojis and use them on a Chromebook.
Use Emojis on a Chromebook (2022)
We have included three ways to use emojis on a Chromebook, including an easy method for touchscreen Chrome OS devices. That said, let’s dive in!
Type Emojis on a Chromebook Using Keyboard Shortcut
The best and easiest way to use emojis on a Chromebook is by pressing a Chrome OS keyboard shortcut. Here’s how that works:
1. In Chrome OS 92 or later, you can use the “Search (or Launcher Key) + Shift + Space” shortcut to open the emoji keyboard on your Chromebook.
2. This will open up the emoji pop-up window, where you will find all the smileys and emoticons you can use on your Chromebook.
3. You can even search and quickly find emojis of your choice.
4. Moreover, the emoji pop-up also comes with support for symbols, flags, and kaomoji on Chromebooks.
Use Emojis on a Chromebook Using the Trackpad
1. Apart from the keyboard shortcut, you can right-click on your Chromebook to open the context menu in any text field. Then, you need to select “Emoji“.
2. This will open the Emoji keyboard on your Chromebook, allowing you to select an emoji with ease or search for one.
How to Use Emojis on a Touchscreen Chromebook
Users who have a touchscreen Chromebook and like to use their device like a tablet have a more familiar method to access the emojis. Let’s look at what it is:
1. Just like their smartphones, users can type emojis on touchscreen Chromebooks by tapping the “emoji” icon on the keyboard.
2. This is what the emoji keyboard looks like on a touchscreen Chromebook.
3. In case you want to want an on-screen keyboard in laptop mode, you can click the “Settings” (cogwheel) icon from the Quick Settings menu.
4. Search for “on-screen keyboard” in the Settings app and open it.
5. Now, enable the “On-screen keyboard” toggle to enable the feature.
6. You will find a keyboard icon at the bottom right on the Chrome OS Shelf. Click on the icon to open the on-screen keyboard, and you can move to the emoji keyboard easily.
Type Emojis on Your Chromebook Just Like That
So these are the three easy methods to type emojis on a Chromebook. I like the fact that Google has not only added emojis, but there is also support for kaomoji, currencies, symbols, flags, and more. Sure, it would have been better if the Chrome OS keyboard had GIF integration like the Gboard app on Android. Nevertheless, if you want to change the Google background on your Chromebook, we have a detailed guide linked here. And to learn how to record the Chromebook screen using native or third-party apps, follow our in-depth tutorial. Finally, if you have any questions, let us know in the comment section below.