Twitter, now known as X, has seen its fair share of chaos ever since billionaire Elon Musk took charge. Meanwhile, the company keeps dropping new features for its users. While some are limiting (pun intended), others are useful. In a fresh, Twitter has today launched a new feature that will allow Twitter Blue subscribers to hide the blue tick from their profile. We don’t know yet why Twitter has rolled out a feature that would diminish the sole selling point of its subscription service.
Nonetheless, if you want to hide the blue verified checkmark on Twitter, here are the steps:
1. Update your Twitter app if you have not updated it already to get the new feature.
2. Now, on the app, tap on the profile icon at the top right corner of the screen to access settings.
3. Tap on Blue from the settings panel. You will get this option only if you are a Blue subscriber.
4. Now, tap on Verification and then tap on the Blue checkmark option.
5. In here, you can toggle on or off the option to show or hide the Blue tick on Twitter.
Once you have disabled the Blue checkmark, you and your followers will not be able to see the blue tick in front of your profile name. Since this is a new feature, X (formerly Twitter) has fairly warned users that “the checkmark may still appear in some places and some features could still reveal you have an active subscription”.
Moreover, X also says that some features might not be available if you have opted to hide the Blue tick mark. While we are not aware of the features that users would not be able to access after hiding the blue tick, it is safe to assume that almost nobody is going to hide the blue tick on Twitter after paying $8 per month for the subscription.
However, if you are someone who would like to use this feature, you can tell us your reasons. We’re all ears!