After testing song lyrics in select markets for months, Spotify has finally rolled out the feature globally. With this addition, you can easily view time-synced lyrics when playing your favorite songs without ever leaving Spotify. Spotify’s lyrics feature works in partnership with Musixmatch and is available to both free and premium users. If Spotify is your preferred music streaming service, here’s how you can view song lyrics on the desktop, mobile, and TV apps.
Find Song Lyrics on Spotify (2021)
Spotify has already started rolling out song lyrics across all supported platforms. If you do not see the feature on your device, make sure that the Spotify app is updated to the latest version. With that out of the way, follow the steps below to find lyrics on Spotify.
View Song Lyrics on Spotify Web and Desktop (Mac and Windows)
1. Open the Spotify desktop app or web player and queue any of your favorite songs. To access the lyrics of the song you are playing, click the mic icon next to the media playback controls from the bottom bar. The mic button is present to the left of the Queue button.
2. You will now see time-synced lyrics to the current song. It’s worth noting that you will not see the mic icon for songs that don’t have lyrics support. You may also run into some songs that don’t have time-synced lyrics, so you will need to scroll through the lyrics to read them along with the song.
Find Song Lyrics on Spotify Mobile App (Android and iOS)
1. Play a music track from Spotify for Android or iOS mobile app and tap the “Lyrics” header present at the bottom-left corner of the playback screen. You can alternatively choose to swipe up on the “Now Playing” screen to access the lyrics card.
2. Then, press the expand icon at the top-right corner of the lyrics card or tap anywhere in the lyrics screen to view the complete lyrics. Unfortunately, you can’t tap any line to skip to that portion like Apple Music here.
View Spotify Song Lyrics on Smart TV
1. Play your favorite song in the Spotify app on your smart TV. Then, navigate to the “Show Lyrics” button at the right corner of the media playback controls to access the track’s lyrics.
2. You will now see the lyrics of the song you requested. Once done, you can switch back to the regular interface by tapping the “Hide Lyrics” button.
Get Time-Synced Lyrics on Spotify
So that was our quick tutorial to help you access lyrics on Spotify. The streaming app briefly had an option to share song lyrics to Instagram Stories, but that doesn’t seem to be the case anymore. For more such tips, go through our article on the best Spotify tips and tricks. And in case you are wondering how we captured screenshots on the TV above, you will find those steps in our article on the best Android TV tips and tricks. In case you have any other doubts related to how lyrics work on Spotify, let us know in the comments below.