While Google is not hailed as the hardware king, we can all agree that when it comes to software, UI design, aesthetics, and especially wallpapers, it brings the best experience out of a smartphone. Google just announced the Pixel 5 and brought a handful of live wallpapers that we are a fan of. Last year, we detailed a simple guide on how to install Pixel 4 live wallpapers on any Android device. Following the yearly ritual, we have come up with a guide on how to get Pixel 5 live wallpapers on any Android smartphone. So on that note, let’s go ahead and learn the steps.
Get Pixel 5 Live Wallpapers on Any Android Smartphone
This is a general guide for all Android devices running Android Nougat and above. In case, you are facing issues such as live wallpaper not applying on the lock screen then you can find the solution in the next section.
These issues are generally prevalent on Android devices running MIUI and Realme UI so we have discussed extensively as to how to resolve those issues in the next section. Nevertheless, follow the steps in this section and check if it works on your Android smartphone.
1. First of all, download the Pixel 5 live wallpaper APK from APKMirror. The APK has been ported by Pranav Pandey on the XDA forum and he has been doing this for the past many years. So huge thanks to his efforts.
2. Next, install the live wallpaper APK just like any other Android APK. If you get a security prompt then tap on “Settings” and allow the installation.
3. Once the Pixel 5 live wallpaper is installed, open the Play Store and install the Wallpapers app (Free) by Google.
4. Next, open the Wallpapers app and scroll down to the bottom. Here, you will find the “Live Wallpapers” section. Open it and you will find all new wallpapers from Pixel 5 including Moving Shadows and Stepping Stones.
5. Simply tap on your choice of wallpaper and select “Set Wallpaper“.
6. There you have it. Pixel 5 live wallpaper working on my Android smartphone, OnePlus 7T without any issues.
Install Pixel 5 Live Wallpapers on MIUI and Realme UI
1. If the Wallpapers app doesn’t show the “Open” button then follow this step to manually trigger the Wallpapers app. Go ahead and install Activity Launcher (Free) on your Android smartphone.
2. After the installation, open Activity Launcher and search for “Wallpapers”. Now, expand the “Wallpapers” menu and tap on the first option. It should take you directly to the Wallpapers app and from there you can easily access and set Pixel 5 Live Wallpapers on your Android device.
3. In case, the first option does not work then try the other options. Apart from that, if you want to quickly access live wallpapers then you can create a shortcut as well. Tap and hold on the option and select “Create shortcut”. This will make a shortcut on your home screen.
8. In case, the Pixel 5 live wallpaper is not being applied on the lock screen then follow this simple trick. Press and hold the home screen and open “Wallpaper”. Now, open the “Wallpapers” menu that is located at the center.
9. A new Live Wallpapers section will open up. Now, click on any live wallpaper and tap on “Download”. After that, tap on “Apply” and choose “Set on both”.
10. Finally, open the Wallpapers app by Google and move to the “Live Wallpapers” section. Now, set the Pixel 5 live wallpaper of your choice and this time, it will work on both the home and lock screen.
Check Out Pixel 5 Live Wallpapers on Your Android Smartphone
So that is how you can install Pixel 5 live wallpaper on Android devices running Nougat and above. I tested this feature on my OnePlus 7T running OxygenOS 10 and Redmi Note 7 running MIUI 11. While the live wallpapers worked out of the box on my OnePlus 7T, I had to tweak a bit on Redmi Note 7 to get it running.
So if you are running a stock-ish Android then Pixel 5 live wallpapers will work flawlessly. Anyway, that is all from us. If you want to install Super Wallpapers from MIUI 12 then follow our linked guide.