It’s summer again, and IPL is back. The 15th edition of IPL kicks off on 9th April, and everyone is waiting with bated breath to see who will lift the trophy this year. To add to your excitement, we have compiled a list of ways to watch IPL 2021 for free on Airtel, Jio, Vodafone Idea, Jio Fiber, or by using Flipkart SuperCoins. If you use the methods detailed below, you don’t need to subscribe to Disney+ Hotstar, the official streaming partner for IPL 2021, separately. Major mobile networks in India have announced some enticing offers that bundle the Disney+ Hotstar VIP subscription with their recharge packs. So without wasting any time, let’s find out how to watch IPL 2021 without paying a subscription fee – basically for free.
Watch IPL 2021 For Free on Airtel, Jio, and Vodafone Idea
Here, we have mentioned all the ways you can watch IPL 2021 for free on Airtel, Jio, Vodafone Idea, etc. We will first see the simplest method to watch IPL 2021 matches, but it comes at a cost. For other offers, you can expand the table below and move to your network provider’s details with just a click.
1. Disney+ Hotstar
The most hassle-free way to watch IPL 2021 is to get a Disney+ Hotstar subscription. You can choose between two subscription plans: Disney+ Hotstar VIP and Disney+ Hotstar Premium to get your fix of live cricket matches. Now, VIP is the cheapest plan and costs Rs 399 for an annual subscription. You can watch IPL 2021, other live sports, Disney+ content (only dubbed), and Hotstar specials with this plan. Do keep in mind, the streaming quality will be HD, and only one user can watch at a time.
The top-tier plan is Premium, which costs Rs. 1499 per year or Rs. 299 per month if you don’t want to commit to an annual plan. Here, you get all the perks of VIP, and you can watch content in 4K, ability to watch on two concurrent screens, and you also get the original English audio track for Hollywood movies. Bear in mind, IPL 2021 will still be limited to 1080p (FHD at 24FPS) under the premium plan.
All in all, the VIP subscription is more than enough for most users. However, if you want FHD quality and other perks, you can opt for the Premium plan.
2. Airtel IPL 2021 Cricket Plans
Airtel has announced four recharge packs that bundle a free Disney+ Hotstar VIP subscription. Below are the bundled recharge packs you can get to watch IPL 2021 without buying a separate subscription plan. The validity period of the Disney+ Hotstar VIP subscription is one year for all these packs.
Keep in mind, if you are already on a bundled Airtel pack, do not recharge with any of these plans. Except for Rs. 401 plan, none of these recharges will be applied immediately. Only after your current recharge expires, it’s then that the new plan will activate. Having said that, the Rs. 401 plan will activate instantly.
- Rs. 401 — 30GB total data (28 Days Validity). No calling facility or other perks.
- Rs. 448 — 3GB data per day (28 Days Validity). Truly unlimited calling.
- Rs. 599 — 2GB data per day (56 Days Validity). Truly unlimited calling.
- Rs. 2698 — 2GB data per day (365 Days Validity). Truly unlimited calling.
Apart from this, you also get Airtel Xstream Premium, Amazon Prime Video Mobile Edition, etc., on all these plans, except for Rs. 401 plan. Lastly, the streaming quality will be HD under the Disney+ Hotstar VIP subscription, and you will only be limited to just one screen. Here is how you can watch IPL 2021 for free on Airtel.
1. If you have recharged with any of the above packs, then go ahead and install the Hotstar app (Android / iOS) on your smartphone. You can also do this process on the website or your smart TV. On the log-in page, enter the same mobile number on which the recharge has been done and enter the OTP.
2. You will be logged in and now you can watch the 15th edition of IPL on Airtel for free.
3. Jio IPL 2021 Cricket Plans
Similar to Airtel, Jio is also offering four bundled packs that come with the Disney+ Hotstar VIP subscription. You get 1-year validity on the Hotstar subscription on all these plans. And as I have mentioned above, the IPL streaming quality will be HD under the VIP plan and will be limited to just one screen at a time. Here are the Jio IPL 2021 recharge packs.
- Rs. 401 — 3GB data per day + 6GB extra (28 Days Validity). Truly unlimited calling. Access to the suite of Jio apps.
- Rs. 598 — 2GB data per day (56 Days Validity). Truly unlimited calling. Access to the suite of Jio apps.
- Rs. 777 — 1.5GB data per day + 5GB extra (84 Days Validity). Truly unlimited calling. Access to the suite of Jio apps.
- Rs. 2599 — 2GB data per day + 10GB extra (365 Days Validity). Truly unlimited calling. Access to the suite of Jio apps.
And just like Airtel, you can download the Hotstar app (Android / iOS) on your mobile or visit its website. Enter the same mobile number on which you did the Jio recharge, and enter the OTP. That’s it. You can now watch IPL 2021 for free.
4. Vodafone Idea (Vi) IPL Plans
Vi has also joined the party and is offering four recharge plans to its consumers. All of these offerings include 1 year of Hotstar+ Disney VIP subscription, which means HD streaming of IPL 2021 but on 1 screen at a time. Apart from that, Vi also provides other perks such as Vi Movies and TV VIP access.
- Rs. 401 — 3GB data per day + 16GB extra (28 Days Validity). Truly unlimited calling.
- Rs. 501 — 75GB total data (56 Days Validity). No calling.
- Rs. 601 — 3GB data per day + 32GB extra (56 Days Validity). Truly unlimited calling.
- Rs. 801 — 3GB data per day + 48GB extra (84 Days Validity). Truly unlimited calling.
To watch IPL 2021 for free with these Vodafone Idea recharge packs, you can either install the Hotstar app (Android / iOS) on your smartphone or visit the website. After that, log in with the same mobile number on which you recharge the IPL pack. Enter OTP, and voila, there you have it.
5. Jio Fiber IPL Recharge Pack
Jio Fiber users can also take advantage of unique recharge packs and watch IPL 2021 for free. Under the Rs. 999, 1499, 2499, 3999, and 8499 plans, you get the Disney+ Hotstar VIP subscription along with access to many OTT apps. You have to use the same Jio number on which your Jio Fiber service is activated to log into Hotstar and watch IPL 2021 matches for free. You don’t need to buy a separate Disney+ Hotstar subscription.
If you are using a JioFiber plan that does not include free subscriptions to OTT apps in India, you can upgrade it from the Jio app. Choose any of the plans mentioned above, receive free access to Disney+ Hotstar VIP, and enjoy IPL 2021 over the coming days.
6. Flipkart SuperCoins
If you regularly use Flipkart, then you must have collected a lot of Flipkart coins. You can use these coins to avail a Disney+ Hotstar VIP subscription and watch IPL 2021 without any added cost. To use this method, open the Flipkart app and go to the “SuperCoin” tab from the bottom navigation bar. Here, scroll down and tap on “Disney+ Hotstar VIP” under the “Most Popular SuperCoin Rewards” section.
You will need 399 SuperCoins to get the annual Disney+ Hotstar VIP plan. Tap on “Get Using 399” coins, and you will receive a promo code. Copy it and open this page to redeem the subscription. Here, provide the mobile number on which you want to active your VIP subscription. Next, enter the promo code, and that’s it. You can now watch IPL 2021 for free using Flipkart SuperCoins.
Live Stream IPL 2021 on Mobile for Free
So these are some nifty ways you can watch IPL 2021 without having to pay for a separate subscription fee. For users in India, these plans offer the best value for money. So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and enjoy the cricket fever for the next month, and don’t forget to let us know who you’re rooting (Mumbai Indians? Delhi Capitals?) for in the comments below. Also, if you have any questions, comment down below, and we will try to help you out.