Spotify is undeniably a key player in the music streaming industry, but it is far from the only one. With the increasing competition in the streaming space, users have started looking for options beyond Spotify to play their favorite tunes. Although music streaming services don’t offer an official way to export and import playlists seamlessly, there are multiple services that help you do this exercise without going through the hassle of adding every song manually. In this article, we have detailed how to transfer your Spotify playlist to Apple Music, YouTube Music, and more.
Transfer Spotify Playlists to Other Streaming Services (2022)
Which is the Best Service to Transfer Music Between Streaming Services?
There are a few options that you can consider while transferring playlists between music streaming services. First up, there is Tune My Music, and it supports almost all streaming services out there. Using the free plan, you can move up to 500 tracks and export the songs to a .TXT or .CSV file. Upgrading to the premium plan that costs $4.5/ month or $24/ year gives you unlimited conversions and the ability to automatically sync up to 20 playlists.
Then there is Soundiiz, another free service to transfer playlists. Unlike Tune My Music, you can keep one playlist automatically synced in the free version here. However, the number of playlists you can convert at a time is limited to 200 tracks. To remove the limitations, you could purchase the premium version that costs 4.5 Euros (~$5.15) per month.
Other options to consider include SongShift (download), an iOS-exclusive app, and Free Your Music (visit), a paid playlist transfer service. Overall, Tune My Music is the ideal choice for most people when it comes to converting playlists.
Transfer Spotify Playlists to Apple Music (Web)
1. Open the TuneMyMusic (visit) website and click on “Let’s Start” to get started.
2. Now, choose “Spotify” as the source platform.
3. You will be asked to log in with your Spotify credentials. Enter your Spotify username and password and press “Login” to proceed further.
4. Tune My Music will require access to your Spotify account to transfer your music from Spotify to Apple Music. Click on “Agree” to authorize the website.
5. Once you’ve logged in, you can either populate all your Spotify playlists from your account or paste the playlist’s URL in the textbox to pick it.
6. You can then pick all the playlists you would like to move to Apple Music and click “Select Destination”. I’ll be moving one playlist from Spotify to Apple Music for this demonstration.
7. From the next page, pick “Apple Music” as the destination music platform.
8. You should now sign in to your Apple Music account using your Apple ID credentials.
9. When Tune My Music’s account access request appears, click on “Allow” to approve it.
10. Before the service starts transferring playlists, you will see a summary of the playlists you’ve selected for the transfer. Now, click on “Start Moving My Music” to start the playlist transfer process.
11. Once the transfer is complete, you will see the confirmation on the same page. You can then access the transferred playlist on your Apple Music app or the web client.
Transfer Spotify Playlists to Apple Music (iOS)
1. Download SongShift from App Store (download) and tap on Spotify to link your Spotify account to Songshift. The linking process involves signing in with your Spotify credentials.
2. Similarly, sign in using your Apple ID to connect your Apple Music account to SongShift.
3. To start the song transfer process, press the ‘+’ icon at the top-right corner of the screen, press “Setup Source”, and choose Spotify from the list of music services.
4. You can now choose to transfer the albums, playlists, or songs you would like to move to Apple Music. We will be moving playlists in the tutorial. Enable the “Add Multiple” toggle at the top and pick the playlists you would like to transfer to Apple Music. Once you’ve picked the playlists, press “Done”.
5. Press on “Setup Destination” and choose Apple Music as the destination. To start the transfer process, tap “I’m Finished”. SongShift will now match songs and move your playlists to Apple Music.
Transfer Spotify Playlists to YouTube Music (Web)
1. Open the Soundiiz website (visit) and sign up for a new account or use your Google, Facebook, Apple, Spotify, or Twitter account to create the account.
2. From the left sidebar, choose Spotify and click on the green “Connect” button.
3. Spotify will now request authorization. Click “Agree” to allow Soundiiz to access your account.
4. Similarly, look for YouTube Music in the side panel and click the “Connect” button.
5. Now, log in to your Google account to connect Soundiiz with YouTube Music.
6. When the permission prompt appears, click on “Allow” to grant access to manage your YouTube Music account.
7. After connecting Spotify, Soundiiz will list all your playlists. Choose the playlists you would like to move to YouTube Music and click on the “Convert” button.
8. From the playlist configuration screen, you can choose to edit the title and description of the playlist and edit the playlist privacy. Once done, click on the “Save configuration” button.
9. Soundiiz will now list tracks from the playlist you’ve selected. Here, you can choose to unselect certain tracks in case you don’t need them in the migrated playlist. Click on “Confirm” to confirm your preferences.
10. You should now choose “YouTube Music” as the destination music platform and wait for the migration process to complete.
11. Once Soundiiz completes the migration, you will see the confirmation on the same page. You will also see errors in case the service failed to find the same song in YouTube Music’s library.
Transfer Spotify Playlists to YouTube Music (Android)
1. Download Soundiiz from the Play Store (Free) and create a new account. You can sign up with your Google, Facebook, Apple, Spotify, or Twitter accounts. We recommend using Spotify as it saves the step of connecting your account to Soundiiz later. Choose the “Sign in with Spotify” option, enter your credentials, and accept the terms to proceed further.
2. Having connected Spotify already, locate YouTube Music in the left sidebar and tap on the “Connect” button. If you used a sign-in method other than Spotify, tap the Spotify icon to connect your account.
3. Select “Transfer” from the app’s home page and choose “Playlists” on the next. You also have the option to transfer albums, artists, or tracks if you have the premium version of Soundiiz.
4. Choose Spotify as the source platform and pick the playlists you would like to move to YouTube Music. Press “Confirm and continue” to go to the next step.
5. You can now choose to change the playlist’s title or optionally modify the description. There are also options to delete duplicate tracks and set your playlist’s privacy to public. Once done, review the tracks you’re about to transfer and press “Confirm”.
6. Pick YouTube Music as the destination platform and wait for the conversion process to complete. Once it is complete, you will see a “Conversion success’ banner in the app.
Move Spotify Playlists to Amazon Music
Amazon Music supports SongShift (download) and Tune My Music for importing Spotify playlists. You can follow the instructions above for moving your Spotify playlist to Amazon Music. The only difference is that you should choose Amazon Music instead of Apple Music in the destination music platform spot.
Transfer Spotify Playlists to TIDAL
If you’re someone who prefers the Hi-Fi music streaming service TIDAL, it recommends using Tune My Music or Soundiiz for importing your playlists over from Spotify. We have added the steps for both Tune My Music and Soundiiz above. You can follow the same steps by choosing TIDAL as the destination music platform.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How to transfer Spotify playlists to Apple Music on iPhone?
You can use Tune My Music or Soundiiz website to transfer Spotify playlists to Apple Music on iPhone. You could also use the Song Shift iOS app to move your playlists.
Q: How to transfer Spotify playlists to Apple Music for free?
Tune My Music website lets you transfer Spotify playlists with up to 500 tracks to Apple Music for free. You could consider purchasing the subscription in case you have larger playlists.
Q: What’s the best service for transferring playlists between music streaming sites?
Tune My Music is the best option you could consider if you’re planning to transfer playlists between music streaming sites such as Spotify.
Move Playlists from Spotify to Other Streaming Services
So, that brings us to the end of our guide to transfer playlists from Spotify to popular streaming services. In case you have friends who often send you Spotify playlists, check how to open Spotify links in Apple Music from our linked guide. If you are having trouble deciding which streaming service you should switch to, do not forget to take a look at our roundup of the best Spotify alternatives to make an informed decision.