Magic is one of the vigorous weapons in Elden Ring, and Frenzied Flame Seal facilitates that. While it functions like the available sacred seals in the game for incantations, it comes with attributes that benefit the players. While the game lets players track down sacred seals easily, unfortunately, in the case of this weapon, it requires a few extra steps that can be confusing for the players. Hence, in this guide, we will talk about the steps to get the Frenzied Flame Seal in Elden Ring.
What Is a Frenzied Flame Seal in Elden Ring?
Elden Ring supports sorcery in two different forms – pure sorcery or incantations, done through the help of sacred seals. Some of these seals help amplify a particular attribute of a few incantations, and the Frenzied Flame Seal is one such magic.
Frenzied Flame Seal in Elden Ring is one of the incantation seals that players can discover and use if they are doing a faith build in tandem with another body. Frenzy is one of the status effects in Elden Ring that players can get impacted with. At the same time, players can utilize this status effect on enemies and even during PvP through some items.
This seal, when equipped, allows players to boost the damage dealt through frenzied flame incantations by 20%. In Elden Ring, Frenzied Flame incantations assist players in their PvP encounters, making this seal a well-sought item for those who enjoy PvP with other players online. Frenzied Flame Seal is also one of the few magic tools in-game that scales with intelligence and faith, making it a go-to for people with specialized spellcasting build where they utilize both sorcery and incantations.
Obtain the Sacred Seal: Important Prerequisite
While most weapons and armaments in Elden Ring can be obtained from the world or through enemy drops, Frenzied Flame Seal requires players to follow one particular questline. Upon clearing it, they receive a sacred seal. Here are the steps you need to follow to complete the questline and receive the item. Before we begin the questline, we need to obtain Shabriri Grape. To find that, here’s what you need to do:
- Defeat Godrick in Stormveil Castle and proceed to his throne room. Open up the doors to the throne room and take a left. Then, keep following the floors till you reach an open area. Here, take a left and get down the ladder. Immediately after getting down, you will see an item beside a spirit. Pick it up to receive the first Shabriri Grape.
- Spawn at the Liurnia Highway site of grace or Cliffbottom Catacombs site of grace and head towards the Purified Ruins. It is situated beside the main path and is easy to identify. Once here, players need to break some planks on the floor, opening up a secret tunnel in-game. Follow the tunnel to a door and inside the room lies the second Shabriri Grape.
- Another way to reach this area is through the Mausoleum Compound site of grace. Spawn here and head through a jungle west of the site of grace. Platform carefully downwards to the ground level using your horse, and activate the nearest site of grace to proceed. This eliminates the need for players to complete the Academy of Raya Lucaria to continue.
The final Shabriri grape requires players to finish another questline, which involves completing the Castle Morne legacy dungeon. Here are the steps you need to follow before you can use Frenzied Falme Seal in Elden Ring:
- First, reach the Bridge of Sacrifice on the eastern Weeping Peninsula. Here, you will find a blindfolded girl called Irina, asking you to give the letter to her father inside Castle Morne.
- Follow the roads from here to Castle Morne and find Edgar. Handing him the letter will make him lament that his duties at the castle are incomplete and that he can’t go to Irina until he finishes them.
- After delivering the letter, reach Irina to find her dead. Reach the castle and complete the area which involves Leonine Misbegotten.
- Finish the boss fight, take the Grafted Blade Greatsword, and head back to the location of Edgar inside the castle, where he thanks you for helping him out and lets players keep the sword. Spawn to where Irina died and find Edgar next to her lifeless body. Talk with him and progress the storyline.
- From here, head over to the Revenger’s Shack, located in the Western Liurnia. Entering the Shack spawns a red phantom called Edgar The Revenger. Kill him to receive the final Shabriri Grape required.
How to Get Frenzied Flame Seal in Elden Ring
Once players obtain the three Shabriri Grapes, head over to the Lake-Facing Cliffs, which lies above the Liurnia of the Lake. Defeating Godrick the Grafted or following the roads beside the entrance to the Stormveil Castle will take players through this place. Once you are here, activate the site of grace and reset the area.
- Upon resetting the area, players will find a blind girl standing by the cliff’s edge near a site of grace. Interact with her, and she introduces herself as Hyetta. She roams the Lands Between, searching for distant light. After eating a Shabriri Grape, she feels a light behind her eyes, guiding her toward her destiny. Hyetta asks players for a Shabrir Grape which they should have at this point. Hand one over to her to progress the storyline.
- After sitting at the site of grace, Hyetta moves on to the next area. Head to the Purified Ruins and go to the southwest side of this area to meet Hyetta. Give her another Shabriri Grape to progress the storyline. She will then move over the north of the Gate Town Bridge at Liurnia of the Lake.
- At the Gate Town Bridge, give her the third Shabriri Grape. Doing so will make Hyetta inquire what these things are. Telling her what it is will freak her out and make her puke. Shabriri Grapes are essentially eyeballs, looking like a grape. After you give her the grape, reset the area by sitting on a site of grace. Exhaust her dialogues by interacting with her, prompting her to move to the next area.
- Players then move to Bellum Church at Liurnia of the Lakes to locate Hyetta. Here, she requests players to get her Fingerprint Grape, found with a hostile NPC. To get it, first, make your way to the Grand Lift of Dectus. From there, head south through an area with Frenzied Flame Tower.
Remember that when a golden eye shines above the tower, it builds madness in the player, and when the bar fills up, it deals damage. So, hide behind a wall when the flame appears in the sky. Carefully climb the tower and kill the enemies to extinguish the Frenzied Flame in Elden Ring. Once done, head south towards the Frenzied Flame village, and pass through it to reach the Church of Inhibition.
While closing in on the area, Festering Fingerprint Vyke will invade the player. Kill him to receive the item and give it to Hyetta, prompting her to move.
- From here on, clear the majority of the Leyndel, Royal Capital, and find the entrance to the Subterranean Shunning Grounds. The path to the underground area is through a well, situated under the ground level area from the Avenue Balcony.
- Reach Subterranean Shunning Ground and clear the area out, to reach the area boss called Mogh, the Omen. Once defeated, poke the tombstone behind him with a weapon to open up a doorway to a catacomb. Entering this area will show numerous dead nomadic merchants.
- Carefully platform towards the ground level by jumping on the tombstones. Once players reach the ground level, it will collapse to drop them on the Frenzied Flame Proscription. Activate the site of grace and track down Hyetta, standing in this area. Interacting with her gives players new dialogue, which requests them to accept the Three Fingers Flame.
Note: Accepting the Three Fingers Flame will lock the players into one of the possible endings of Elden Ring. So unless they want a particular ending, do not interact with the door at the end of the hallway. Alternatively, there is a way to reverse the effects permanently. However, that requires players to finish another quest line and a boss in the game.
- Head over to the large door at the end of the hallway and take off the armor. Enter the room to trigger a cutscene where players get branded by the Three Fingers and receive the Frenzyflame.
- Head back to Hyetta and interact with her, exhausting the dialogue. Reset the area by sitting on the site of grace and pick up the Frenzied Flame Seal from the ground.
Frenzied Flame Seal Stats in Elden Ring
The base stats for Frenzied Flame Seal are as follows:
Attack Guard Physical: 25 Physical: 25 Magic: 0 Magic: 15 Fire: 0 Fire: 15 Light: 0 Light: 15 Holy: 0 Holy: 15 Critical: 0 Boost: 15
Like every weapon in this game, the Frenzied Flame Seal scales with certain attributes. Do keep in mind that alphabetically, scaling is in decreasing order, with ‘E’ being the lowest and ‘A’ being the highest. Here is how it goes:
Scaling Requirements Strength: E Strength: NIL Dexterity: E Dexterity: NIL Intelligence: E Intelligence: NIL Faith: D Faith: NIL
As for unique skills and weapon requirements for Frenzied Flame Seal, they are as follows:
Weapon Type/Skill/Weight Requirements and Damage Type Weapon Type: Sacred Seal Damage Type: Strike Weapon Skill: No Skill Focus Point Requirement: 0 Weapon Weight: 0 Unique Attribute: Boosts Frenzied Flame Incantation
Things to Remember When Using Frenzied Flame Seal
- In the game, there are only five total Frenzied Flame incantations. Each of them helps build madness in the players and is more geared toward the PvP aspects of the game.
- Players cannot put Ashes of War on the seal. Elden Ring only allows using Ashes of War on certain weapons in the game.
- Players require a Somber Smithing Stone to upgrade the Frenzied Flame Seal in Elden Ring. The higher the upgrade, the better the casting abilities of the seal.
- Frenzied Flame Seal is one of the few magic catalysts in Elden Ring that allows scaling with both Intelligence and Faith. This allows players who want to experiment with both these attributes and want to exclusively play a spellcaster to make a build accordingly.
- Frenzied Flame Seal buffs the abilities of the Frenzied Flame Incantations by 20%, making them much more helpful.
Regardless of whether you want the item or not, the quest to find the Frenzied Flame Seal in Elden Ring certainly takes you through many interesting areas in the game. Did you obtain the seal and use it in your build? Let us know in the comments below.