Recently, we published our first impressions on the Poco M2 Pro and found that Xiaomi is still integrating the dodgy Clean Master app on MIUI — even after the app has been banned by the Indian government. That is not all, the Cleaner app also uploads the filename and location information to Clean Master’s servers. It does not stop there. The Cleaner app has got all the sensitive permissions and there is no way to revoke them. Frankly, this kind of shady behavior is not just limited to MIUI but also extends to Realme UI and Color OS. Not to mention, even brands like Samsung integrates Chinese services like Qihoo 360 on its Device Care app. So if you want to uninstall the Cleaner app from MIUI, RealmeUI, and ColorOS, follow our simple guide.
Uninstall Cleaner/Clean Master from MIUI, Realme UI, and ColorOS
1. First and foremost, set up ADB on your computer. We have written a detailed guide for Windows, macOS, Linux, and Chrome OS. So no matter which computer you are using, you can easily install ADB by following our tutorial.
2. Now, connect your Android smartphone to the computer and execute the below command to verify the connection. If the terminal outputs a serial number, you are good to go.
3. Next, run the below command.
4. To uninstall the Cleaner app from MIUI, enter the below command and hit enter. The terminal will output ‘Success’ which means the Cleaner app has been successfully uninstalled from your device.
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.cleanmaster
5. If you are using an Android device running Realme UI or ColorOS then execute the below command. It will instantly uninstall Clean Master from your Realme device.
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.coloros.phonemanager
6. If you are running some other Android skin then you can find the package name of the Cleaner app by installing the Package Viewer app (Free). This is how you can execute the command to uninstall a Cleaner app.
pm uninstall -k --user 0 <package name>
Remove the Cleaner App and Reclaim Your Privacy
So that is how you can uninstall the Cleaner app from MIUI, Realme UI, and ColorOS. If the Cleaner app is known by another name on your Android skin then you can follow step #6 to uninstall it. Apart from that, if you are using MIUI then you can go through our article on the best MIUI Settings that you should change right now. Further, you can learn about the best Chinese app alternatives and enhance your privacy. Anyway, that is all from us. If you are facing any issue then comment down below and let us know. We will definitely try to help you out.