Imagine spending hours and hours customizing your Roblox character only to find out that the aesthetics you want don’t exist in the game. Now, your sole option is to purchase an expensive alternative or dress like everyone else. Sounds frustrating, right? Luckily, there exists an easy solution to this problem. If you know how to make a shirt on Roblox, you can not only stand out but potentially even profit from it. All you need to do is come up with an idea, use the Roblox shirt template included below, and follow our guide. With that, let’s dive in!
How to Make a Shirt in Roblox (2022)
In this article, we will cover the templates, a tutorial to make a shirt, and the monetization of Roblox clothes in separate sections. Use the table below to explore each of them with ease.
Download the Roblox Shirt Template
To make it easier for you, Roblox has an official clothing template you can download for free to create and customize outfits. Follow these steps to download a Roblox template for shirts:
1. First, go to the official Roblox website (visit) and click the “Create” button in the top navigation bar.
2. Then, on the next page, click the “Manage my experiences” option at the bottom of the screen.
3. After that, click on the “Shirts” option in the left side panel. Then, within the shirts section in the right panel, click on the “download it here” option to get the template.
4. Next, the website will provide you with a PNG file of the shirt template. You can right-click and choose the “Save image as” option to download the template.
Template for Roblox T-Shirts
It is worth noting that Roblox doesn’t have a dedicated template for t-shirts. Instead, you have the option to upload the icon/ design/ logo you want on the t-shirt your character wears. For example – uploading the Roblox logo as a t-shirt will simply give you a t-shirt with the Roblox logo on its torso. Fortunately, it doesn’t cost anything to upload t-shirts, so you can freely go wild with them.
As per the official guidelines, you should upload a square image (we suggest 720 x 720 pixels) for it to appear on the t-shirt. Unlike Minecraft skins on the Java edition, Roblox t-shirt designs keep their transparency. So you can make custom icon-based merch t-shirts for your in-game groups.
How to Make a Shirt in Roblox (Desktop)
Now that you have a base template, you can edit the same on your Windows, Mac, or Linux (via Wine) to create your own piece of clothing. You can even edit the design in Chrome OS if you like to play Roblox on your Chromebook. That said, follow these steps to create your own shirt for Roblox:
Edit the Shirt Template Design
1. First, open and explore the template to get an understanding of your options. It conveniently points out various parts of the torso and arms to help you customize the shirt.
2. Then, right-click on the PNG file of the template and use the “Open with” option in Windows to use your preferred editing software. We suggest you use Adobe Photoshop or its alternatives to easily make your Roblox shirt.
3. Then, use your editing tool to customize the shirt template. You can use options like a paintbrush or even import images to cover part of the shirt. Though, we suggest you avoid using copyrighted images or logos to avoid any problems while uploading the design in the next part. For the sake of this tutorial, we are making a simple black and white checkered shirt.
Improve Your Roblox Shirt Design
Once your base design is ready, make your shirt more realistic by adding extra details using the Roblox shading templates. These are transparent texture files you can place over your base design, and they will add some shadows and depth to it. Here’s how to use them.
1. First, download one of the various free shading templates in the Roblox community. We are using PeZsmistic’s free PNG template.
2. After downloading the file, you have to import it into your editing software. Photoshop users can use the “Place Embedded” option from the file menu. Meanwhile, almost all editing software also allows you to drag and drop items. Though, while placing it, make sure that the shader aligns with the shirt template as closely as possible.
3. Then, go to the layers section of your editing software and set the blending mode to ” Soft Light” or “Hard Light”. Also, we suggest setting the transparency to 50%. If you can’t find the blending mode, setting a lower transparency (~25%) will be good enough as well. Not to forget, you can tune these settings as per your design as well.
4. Once you are done, use the Save option (Ctrl+S) to save the edited template, replacing the original one. You need to use the “Save As” option and make sure the saved file has a “.PNG” extension.
How to Make a Shirt in Roblox (Mobile)
The shirt template for Roblox mobile and desktop is the same, so you can use a mobile browser and download it using the steps in the first section. With that said, here’s how to edit the shirt template on your iPhone or Android phone to make a shirt in Roblox:
2. Then, open Picsart on your smartphone or tablet. It will ask you to create an account, which is optional. So, either click the “Skip” button in the right corner or create a Picsart account to continue.
3. Then, tap on the “Edit a Photo” button in the app. If you can’t find it, press the plus (+) sign located in the middle of the navigation bar at the bottom. This will lead you to the edit and import menu.
4. Then, the app will ask for your permission to access the media files on your device. Tap on the “Allow” button.
5. Then, choose the Roblox shirt template from your image gallery. If you downloaded it recently, it should show up toward the top of the section.
6. Once the image has been imported, scroll through the tools menu at the bottom of the screen to find the editing options. Use those options to freely edit your shirt. You can add text, color, shapes, and even stickers to your Roblox shirt.
7. Finally, once you are satisfied with your shirt design, tap the “Download” button indicated with a “downward arrow” in the top menu of the app.
Upload Your Shirt Design to Roblox Store
Now that your design is ready, it’s time to upload the same to Roblox and see it in action. Follow these steps to upload your shirt to Roblox:
1. First, make sure you have at least 10 Robux in your inventory. Every shirt upload costs 10 Robux. Meanwhile, uploading a custom t-shirt is completely free.
2. Then, click on the “Create” button in the top navigation bar to go back to the same customization options.
3. Then, go to the “Shirts” tab from the left pane to upload your shirt in the right pane. Here, you first need to click on the “Choose File” button, select the shirt design, and then write a custom name for your shirt. Finally, click the “Upload for 10 Robux” button, which will deduct 10 Robux from your account and make your shirt available for use.
4. Once the shirt is uploaded, it will appear under the “Shirts” section on the same page. You will notice that the uploaded shirt doesn’t have any icon or preview. And that would be the case initially. It takes around 30 minutes to 2 hours for Roblox to review and approve the uploaded designs.
How to Use Your Custom Shirt in Roblox
Once your shirt or t-shirt is approved, it will appear in your avatar’s inventory. Then, you simply need to go to your avatar page on the Roblox website or the Roblox app on Android/ iOS. Here, you can find all your uploaded shirts and t-shirts alongside various other pieces of clothing you own. To equip your custom shirt, you need to click on it. That’s all.
Not to forget, you can also sell your custom shirts and t-shirts on the Roblox avatar shop. As per the official guidelines, only premium users are, at the moment, allowed to sell items. Though, you don’t need to make the item available in the shop to use it on your avatar. So, we are going to suggest going through the monetary guidelines before deciding on selling your item.
Design and Use a Custom Shirt in Roblox
Whether you want to recreate your clothes or import designs from other popular video games, our Roblox shirt guide is here to help. But if you are struggling with ideas, we suggest you explore some of the best Slender outfits or Roblox girl outfits to find some inspiration. Having said that, what are you putting on your R0blox shirt? Tell us in the comments below!