- Disabling "message announcements" minimizes distractions and stops Siri from reading messages on your AirPods.
- To disable Siri notifications on AirPods, go to Settings -> Notifications -> turn the Announce Notifications toggle.
- Alternatively, you can disable notification announcements in AirPods from the Control Center by tapping on the bell-shaped icon.
Do you also feel annoyed when Siri suddenly starts reading your iPhone’s message notification on your AirPods? Well, you’re not alone. Whether you are in an online meeting, listening to a podcast, streaming music via CarPlay, or simply enjoying quiet time, turning off Siri announcing messages can help you enjoy music in a distraction-free environment. So, here is how you can stop Siri from reading messages on Airpods.
While the feature gets automatically enabled when you pair your AirPods with your iPhone for the first time, knowing how to turn off Siri announce messages on AirPods gives you control over audio notifications.
Turn off Announce Messages on AirPods via Settings
- Head to Settings -> Notifications on your iPhone.
- Now, tap on Announce Notifications under the Siri section.
- You can stop Siri from announcing notifications by turning off the Announce Notifications toggle.
Alternatively, you can toggle off “Headphones” to stop Siri from reading messages on connected headphones such as AirPods. Choosing this option means that Siri will not read out notifications when AirPods or other headphones are connected, but the notifications will be read out loud when not connected to headphones.
Also, you can choose to turn on Siri notifications in AirPods from selected apps by turning the toggle against the apps from the “Announce Notifications” settings page.
Turn off Siri Reading Messages on AirPods via Control Center
You can also turn off the announce notifications from the Control Center on your iPhone if you already have the toggle added to it in the first place. Here’s how it works:
- Connect your AirPods to your iPhone and swipe down from the top right to pull down the Control Center.
- Here, tap the Bell (Announce Notification) icon to stop Siri from reading your messages altogether.
- Or, tap and hold on the Bell icon then select the preferred option on the pop-up that appears.
No matter which option you choose, Siri won’t announce a single message on your AirPods until you enable the setting again.
Head over to Notification settings on your iPhone and toggle off Announce Notifications.
Unfortunately, you can not turn off Siri for the AirPods alone. If you want to turn off Siri on AirPods, you will also have to turn off Siri for your iPhone.