Like every year, Apple brought some Pro-exclusive hardware features with the iPhone 15 Pro & 15 Pro Max that grabbed everyone’s attention. We are talking about the Titanium frame, sleek design, the all-new A17 Pro chipset, an exciting 5x Telephoto lens, and more. Out of all the bells and whistles added to the iPhone 15 Pro models, the Action Button remains a prominent and highlighting feature. Unarguably, it’s a useful addition to initiate an action on your iPhone. That said, you may accidentally hold onto the Action button and trigger a function unintentionally. Frankly speaking, it’s quite annoying. To escape such situations, you should disable the Action button on the iPhone 15 Pro and 15 Pro Max. Let me show you how it is done.
It’s pretty straightforward to disable the Action Button on the iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max. For this, you need to configure the Action Button in iPhone settings. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Now, scroll down and tap on Action Button.
- Here, you’ll see different actions that you can perform with the Action Button on iPhone 15 Pro. Simply swipe left until you see the No Action option.
- And, that’s it! When you set no action for the Action Button, it will completely disable the button. No function will be performed when you press the button.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Which iPhones have the Action button?
Only iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max have the Action Button. No other iPhones, including the iPhone 15 or iPhone 15 Plus have this button.
2. What are the options for the Action button on iPhone 15 Pro?
Below are the options for the Action Button on iPhone 15 Pro models:
- Toggle Silent mode on/off.
- Turn on the flashlight.
- Use the Magnifier feature to zoom in on objects near you.
- Toggle Focus mode on/off.
- Capture a voice memo.
- Open the camera app with a certain mode.
- Open an app or run your favourite shortcut.
- Quickly use an accessibility feature.
- Perform no action.
3. How do I customize the action button on my iPhone 15 Pro?
The Action button on iPhone 15 Pro models is a programmable hotkey that lets you put your iPhone on Silent mode, open an app, capture a voice memo, or perform any other function. To customize the Action button on iPhone 15 Pro, open the Settings app and tap on Action Button. You can then assign a function to the Action button from the list of available actions. There are tonnes of options to customize the Action Button on iPhone 15 Pro models.
So you see how easy and quick it is to turn off the Action Button on iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro models. In case you’re facing any issues with the Action Button, feel free to reach out to us in the comments below. Also, don’t miss our guide on making iPhone 15 Pro’s Action Button more useful.