- To redeem a V-Bucks gift card on PC, head to the Fortnite website -> log into your account -> Redeem -> enter code and get V-Bucks.
- A secondary code is generated for consoles, and you have to go to Xbox and PS websites and enter them to redeem a V-Bucks gift card.
Much like other free-to-play titles, Fortnite allows you to purchase in-game items using V-Bucks, the in-game currency that you can get from physical gift cards you can purchase offline or online. However, redeeming these gift cards can be a painful process for those new to the game. It can be even worse if you are a console gamer. Don’t worry, though, as we have made your job easier. We have compiled all the methods you could ever need to redeem V-Bucks gift cards on Fortnite. So, let’s get right into it.
Note: Once you redeem a Fortnite V-Bucks gift card online, a secondary code is generated for consoles. You must enter that by following the respective sections below.
Redeem Fortnite V-Bucks Gift Card On PC
If you are on PC and have purchased a V-bucks gift card, follow the steps below to redeem it:
- Head to the official Fortnite website and log into your Epic Games Account. Ensure this is the account you primarily use to play the game.
- Once logged in, click on your profile picture on the top-right to open a dropdown menu. Select the Redeem option here.
- You will now be presented with a new screen where you have to redeem your code. Enter your 16-digit code in the text box and then click on Redeem.
- After you enter the code, you’ll get a dropdown menu asking you which platform you want to redeem the code for. Select PC, and you are all done.
If you have entered the correct code, you should see the V-Bucks credited in-game. It should show up on the top right in-game. Alternatively, you can visit this link and enter your gift card code to redeem your gift card. Keep in mind that you still need to have an active Fortnite account, which is essentially your Epic Games Store account.
Redeem Fortnite V-Bucks Gift Card on PS4/5
To redeem the V-Bucks gift card for consoles, there is one additional step you have to follow over PC. Go through the following steps.
Link Your Console to Epic Games Account
The first thing you have to do is link your console account to your Epic Games Store account. The process remains the same for every console. So, ensure you are signed in and follow the steps below.
- Go to the Fortnite website, log in, and click on your profile picture on the top right.
- From the drop-down menu, select the first option called “Account.”
- Under the account page, select the “Apps and Account” option. This will bring you to another page.
- Here, link your respective console account with your Epic Games Store account.
After you successfully perform the respective steps, follow the steps mentioned in the PC section above. If you are on Nintendo Switch, selecting the console will immediately add V-bucks to your game account. If you are on PlayStation, follow the below steps:
Redeem the Gift Card for Your PlayStation Console
- Once you select PlayStation, the page will generate a respective PlayStation store code. For PlayStation, it will be a 12-digit code.
- Once you have the code, head to the official PSN website, log in, and click on Redeem Code from the drop-down menu.
- On this page that appears, enter your 12-digit voucher code and click on the Continue button.
Alternatively, you can enter a 12-digit code directly from the PlayStation Store on your console. The process is straightforward and requires you to enter the code under the “Redeem” option from the main menu options. However, we went with the browser method for simplicity.
Redeem Fortnite Gift Card for Xbox Consoles
Next, let’s begin by adding a Fortnite V-Bucks Gift card for Xbox consoles. While you can do it on the console itself, we are showing the web method for simplicity. Ensure you’ve chosen the Xbox platform when getting the gift card. It will be a 25-digit code.
- Head on over to this official link and log in to your Microsoft account. Ensure that this is the same account linked with your Epic Games Store. Once done, you’ll be led to the redemption page automatically.
- On this page, enter your 25-digit voucher code. Doing so will successfully add V-bucks to your Fortnite account.
As before, like PlayStation, you can add the code directly from your console. To do it, go to the store page and click on the “Redeem” option. As before, enter the code to redeem the V-bucks gift card for Fortnite.
And these are all the methods you can use to redeem a Fortnite V-Bucks gift card on your platforms. Did you get stuck on a step? Ask your questions in the comments below.