Recently, Xiaomi announced the much awaited MIUI 9 update for its Redmi and Mi smartphones & tablets. Well, the MIUI 9 update has been one of the most awaited announcements, and it brings about tons of new features and modifications. While the stable release is still a couple of months away, Xiaomi has released the first developer beta of the MIUI 9 to its beta testers. If you are one of the lucky ones to have been selected but are confused on how to proceed with testing out the latest MIUI update, then fret not, as we bring to you our guide on how to install MIUI 9 Beta on your Xiaomi device:
Note: At the time of this article’s writing, the MIUI 9 Beta is only available as a Closed Beta for the Mi 6 and the Redmi Note 4. In the coming weeks, the Open Beta will be made available to the general public, with support for more devices to be added as well. The guide for them, however, will still remain the same.
Install MIUI 9 Via OTA Update
1. First, make sure you’re selected as a member of the MIUI Beta Team – China and logged into your Xiaomi device with the same User ID. In case you’re not a member already, you can check out our detailed article on how to become a MIUI 9 beta tester.
2. Now, open the “Updater” app on your Mi 6 or Redmi Note 4 and tap on “Check for updates”. You should now be getting an update for the “MIUI 9 Lightning fast” version. Simply tap the “Update” option.
3. Now sit back and enjoy while the system downloads the update package. Upon successful download, you’ll be prompted to restart the device. Once you’re done restarting, your device should have the latest MIUI 9 Beta.
Install MIUI 9 Using XiaoMiFlash On PC
Note: To install MIUI 9 on your Xiaomi device using XiaoMiFlash tool, you need to have a bootloader unlocked device.
1. First, download the latest version of the XiaoMiFlash tool for your PC, available for free, from here and install it.
2. Once you’ve installed the flash tool, turn off your Xiaomi device. Then, press the Vol Down and Power button together to enter the fastboot mode on your device. Once in the fastboot mode, hook up your device to your PC.
3. Now, download the MIUI 9 Beta ROM file for your device from here, and extract it.
4. Once you’ve extracted the ROM, open the MiFlash tool, and click on the “Select” option. A new window will ope up. Here, simply browse to the folder where you extracted all the MIUI 9 ROM files, and select the “images” folder.
5. Now, click on the “refresh” button. If your device is listed, then you’re good to go. If not, make sure that the device has been properly connected and you have the fastboot drivers installed.
6. Additionally, in the bottom-right, you can select amongst clean all, save user data, and clean all and lock options. The “clean all” option will format the storage and make your device brand new. The “save user data” will just format the /system partition, thus preserving your user saved content. Finally, the “clean all and lock” option will format the storage, remove all the data, and additionally lock the bootloader.
7. Once you’ve finalized your preferences, tap on the “flash” button in the top-right. The MiFlash tool will proceed to flash the ROM according to your set options. Once the bar next to your device turns green, you can disconnect your device.
8. And that’s it. Reboot your device to enjoy MIUI 9 Beta on your device.
MIUI 9 Compatible Devices
At the time of this writing, the MIUI 9 Closed Beta has been made available to the Mi 6 and the Redmi Note 4. That being said, more devices are expected to receive the open beta soon. Find your device in the list below to see if it’s eligible for the MIUI 9 Open Beta.
|Redmi and Mi Devices Compatible With MIUI 9 Beta|
|Xiaomi Mi Note|
|Xiaomi Mi Pad|
|Redmi Note 4G|
|Redmi Note 3G|
|Google Nexus 5|
|Redmi Note 2|
|Redmi Note 2 Prime|
|Redmi Note 3 (Snapdragon)|
|Redmi 2 Prime|
|Mi 5 Pro|
|Mi Max 32GB|
|Mi Max Prime|
|Mi Note 2|
|Mi 5s Plus|
|Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm|
|Redmi Note 4 Mediatek|
|Redmi 4 Prime|
|Redmi Note 3 SE|
|Redmi Note 3 Mediatek|
|Redmi 3S Prime|
|Redmi 3 Prime|
|Mi Note Pro|
|Mi Max 2|
|Xiaomi Mi Pad 2|
|Redmi Note 4X Mediatek|
|Redmi Note 4X Snapdragon|
SEE ALSO: How to Become MIUI 9 Beta Tester (Guide)
Install the MIUI 9 Beta on Your Redmi or Mi Device
If you’re one the lucky ones to have been selected in the Beta testing group, the above guide should suffice to help you in installing the MIUI 9 Beta ROM on your device. If you haven’t been selected, well, don’t lose hope yet. Xiaomi has announced that it will be announcing its new batch of testers in the next few coming days, so keep your fingers crossed. Tell us if you’ve been selected for the Beta Testing team, and share with us your favorite features of the MIUI 9 in the comments section below.
Hi redmi y1 4gb ram 64gb rom phone miui9 is and I want miui9 pro
I am getting error
cant verify update unofficial ROM package
hey ! I am having mi4i and have already got an update. I have download and installed it .It made my phone run faster than ever. But I am not able to see all those features of ui9 which you have discussed above .
Hi. I’m also using redmi note 4 but I’m not getting miui 9 update. What should I do.? Please help me to get me that.
Mi max phone update lick plz
” Sorry, you are not allowed to view this forum, please click here to view details” – This coming up. Please help!!!
I also want miui9
When the stable rom will be launch in india of miui 9
Is miui 9 beta version released for redmi note 3 ?
When I try to open the forum it’s showing
” Sorry, you are not allowed to view this forum, please click here to view details”
miui 9 rom is not available for all users in the link u provided above.So please give a alternative link to download rom
guys miui 9 rom is not available for all the mi users.. please provide us alternative link please
Ram optimization and battery performance because my redmi 4a battery performance not very good
How to install on Samsung mobile or Android?
We cant get miui 9 roms because we are not selected for Miui beta roms.
can you make available that roms.