Did you not find Prime Video Premium channels up to the mark? There is a vast collection of content on Prime Video like Amazon Original series, classic movies from various production houses, and shows in every category for all ages. In addition, Amazon Prime Video also lets us subscribe to premium channel add-ons inside the OTT platform for an additional charge. These channels distribute some exclusive movies and TV shows on Prime Video. However, not all channels have an appealing collection implying it’s better to end your subscription. Therefore, I created this guide to show how to cancel premium channels on Prime Video. So, without any further ado, let’s begin.
How to Cancel Channels on Amazon Prime Video (2022)
Similar to the content catalog, the premium channels available in your region are also different. You can still subscribe to a channel from another region using a VPN. Please read our detailed guide on changing countries in Amazon to know more. We will see how these channels work and why Prime Video has this option. Lastly, we will see how to cancel one such channel from your Amazon Prime Video account if it’s not adding any value to the package.
What are Prime Video Channels?
The Prime Video Channels provide access to premium content distributed by various production houses. For instance, You can watch Discovery+, MUBI, HBO, Paramount+, Lionsgate, and more. In addition, it also allows you to watch live TV from your Prime Video account. The subscription to these channels works differently when you buy it from Prime Video. You can cancel the membership from the Amazon account only. Similarly, you won’t be able to access these channels from the original app. For instance, if you buy a MUBI channel subscription from Prime Video, you can’t operate it from the MUBI website.
These add-ons help platforms like MUBI, Starz, and more to reach numerous devices without creating their application. That means you can watch these channels on any device having a Prime Video app. However, it also binds you to keep your Prime Subscription active. Here are a few points you should remember about canceling these channels.
- Subscription to a channel is automatically canceled when you cancel your Prime Account membership.
- Canceling a premium channel subscription will not cancel your Prime membership.
- You can still watch the shows on the premium channel till the last day of your billing cycle, even after canceling the subscription.
- Amazon does not give any refund when you cancel an active channel under any circumstances.
- You can remove each channel separately from your subscription.
- The channel subscription continues even if your Prime Membership account has expired. You can access the channels using the Prime Video app.
How to Cancel Channel Subscription on Prime Video using Web Browser
The most straightforward way to cancel your subscription to Prime Video’s premium channels is via a browser. You can access all settings associated with your Prime video account from here. So whether a channel has lost its appeal or you want to end a trial period before paying the charges, here is how to cancel a channel subscription from your Prime Video account from a browser.
- Open the Prime Video website and sign in to your account.
- Now, click on your profile picture on the top-right corner and go to Account and Settings.
- Here, open the Channels section.
- Click on the Cancel Channel button.
- Lastly, confirm your choice on the next pop-up.
It will block auto-renewal for the channel, and you won’t be charged extra. The pop-up also shows the last date of your subscription period. You can enjoy the subscription until the last date to watch premium content.
How to Cancel Prime Video Channels from Smartphone
Unlike Netflix, Amazon allows you to change various settings using smartphone applications. It comes in handy if you are traveling and don’t have a laptop at your disposal. You can also use a browser on your smartphone and follow the steps mentioned above or use the below steps to remove a channel subscription using the Prime Video smartphone application.
- Open the Prime Video app on your phone.
- Click on My Stuff from the bottom-right corner.
- Now, select the gear icon to open Prime Video settings.
- Click on Manage your Prime Video Channels and enter your password to verify your identity.
- The following window will show you all the active channels with the last day of subscription. Click on the Cancel Channel button.
- Lastly, confirm your choice on the pop-up by tapping Cancel Channel again.
That’s all. You have successfully ended the channel subscription in Prime Video from your smartphone. You can also end your Prime Video membership altogether to cancel the channel subscription and Prime account at once.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why can’t I find a particular channel on Prime Video?
Prime Video hosts different channels in each country. Therefore, you can subscribe to only those available channels in your region. Otherwise, it is possible that the channel is no longer available to stream from Prime Video.
Does the channel from Prime Video cost differently from the standalone subscription?
No, the cost for a streaming service, let’s say MUBI is the same whether you subscribe using the Prime Video app or the standalone app. In some cases, you can get an additional discount while subscribing to a standalone streaming service. However, the offer may vary for each country and won’t be available every time. Another benefit of using Prime Video is additional content, ease of use, and multi-device support.
Can I enjoy Prime channels without a Prime Video subscription?
It’s a little tricky to answer. Your channel subscription will continue until the last day of the billing cycle, even if your Prime membership has expired. However, you first need to have a Prime Video account to subscribe to a channel.
Cancel Prime Video Channel Subscription Quickly
Apart from the plethora of content, faster delivery, unlimited music, and more, Prime Subscription constantly adds new features and services to the package. One such service is the Channel Subscription on Prime Video, which allows you to subscribe to additional streaming services through your Prime Video account. We saw how to cancel one such channel if you don’t want to continue. I hope you find the article helpful. If you have any queries, feel free to comment down below.