Enable Google Chrome Pop-up Blocker
Here, we will learn how to enable Google Chrome Pop-up blocker through the native settings. Along with that, we will also go through some additional settings to block pop-ups effectively. So having said that, let’s begin with the steps.
1. Enable Google Chrome Pop-up Blocker from Native Settings
Google Chrome has a native way to block annoying pop-ups and redirects. In this section, we will learn how to enable Google Chrome pop-up blocker. Also, if you want to allow pop-ups for certain websites, we have mentioned those steps too. So without wasting any time, let’s go through the steps.
1. Copy the following URL and paste it in the Chrome’s address bar. After that, hit enter to open the Pop-up blocker settings.
2. Here, make sure the toggle is turned off. It should show “Blocked (Recommended)”. That’s how you enable Google Chrome Pop-up blocker from Chrome Settings. Now you should not face any pesky pop-ups or redirects.
3. Further, you can manually allow or block websites by clicking on the “Add” button. If you have a specific website in mind, use this option to manage pop-ups for specific websites.
4. Additionally, you can deal with pop-ups on a site-by-site basis. Whenever you want to block pop-ups or allow them on a specific website, click on the pop-up icon on the URL bar. Here, you will find the option to allow or block it.
2. Manage Notifications to Block Google Chrome Pop-ups
Sometimes, websites acquire notification permissions through shady ways and generate a lot of pop-ups in the form of notifications. Here, I will show you how to disable notifications altogether so that you are not constantly bombarded with pop-ups. Here are the steps to follow.
1. Copy the following URL and paste it in the Chrome URL bar. After that, hit enter to open the notification settings.
2. Here, make sure the toggle is enabled. It should show “Ask before sending (recommended)”. Now before sending any notifications in the form of pop-ups, websites will seek your permission. Now onwards, be diligent while allowing notification permissions.
3. Further, scroll down and check the list of websites which are allowed to send notifications. If you find unknown websites under the “Allow” section, click on the 3-dot menu and remove it then and there. Repeat this for every spammy website.
4. You can also manage notifications for websites individually. Click on the “Lock” icon on the URL bar and change the notification settings as you desire.
3. Remove Malicious Extensions to Block Google Chrome Pop-ups
Many a time, some malicious extensions get installed to Chrome and create a lot of annoying pop-ups. In such cases, removing the rogue extensions will help you block pop-ups effectively. Here is how you can do it.
1. Copy the following link and paste it in the URL bar. Now, hit enter to open the Extensions page.
2. Here, you will find all the installed extensions on your Chrome browser. Go through the list diligently and look for unknown and shady extensions. Click on the “Remove” button to uninstall the extension. That’s it.
Enable Google Chrome Pop-up Blocker and Make Your Chrome Free of Nasty Pop-ups
So that was our short guide on how to enable Google Chrome pop-up blocker. While Google Chrome has a native way to disable pop-ups, most of the times, the problem lies somewhere else. Shady websites install malicious extensions and abuse notification permissions to create nasty pop-ups constantly. In such cases, you should clean extensions and notification permissions to get rid of pop-ups. So that is all from us. If you liked the article and want to learn more tips about Google Chrome, do let us know in the comment section below.