Though iOS 13 comes with a handy feature called “Low Data Mode” to cut down cellular data usage, it’s not enough for those who have to deal with limited bandwidth. Luckily, there are multiple ways to reduce cellular data usage on iOS. For instance, you can set the Apple TV app to stream low-quality videos and even keep a track of how much cellular/mobile data FaceTime uses on your iPhone. Just in case, your bandwidth is running a little tight and you are willing to save every ounce of mobile data so that it can never end before the deadline, let me show how you can keep a tab on the FaceTime data usage with ease.
Keep Track of How Much Cellular Data FaceTime Uses
There are three ways to check how much data FaceTime uses. You can get it done using the Settings app, Phone app, and the FaceTime app itself. What’s more, you can not only view the overall data used by Apple’s video/audio chatting app but also see how much data has been consumed during a particular FaceTime video/audio call. From what I can tell, it’s a smart way to prevent the app from gobbling up a lot of data. Now that the talk is over, let’s get started with steps!
Check Overall FaceTime Usage from Settings App
1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone and tap on Cellular/Mobile.
2. Now scroll down to FaceTime and you will see how much data FaceTime has consumed when you are using mobile data.
You should see the total cellular data usage right below the FaceTime app. There are a couple of things to keep in mind. First, it automatically resets when a new iOS version is installed on the device. Second, you can also manually reset it by tapping on the Reset Statistics.
Check FaceTime Usage Data in the FaceTime App
If you want to check the data used during a particular call, simply head into the FaceTime app.
1. Launch the FaceTime app on your iPhone. Now, tap on the “i” button next to a person’s name.
2. At the top of the contact card, you should see the total data used during the call along with the date and time.
See FaceTime Usage Data in the Phone App
Just like the FaceTime app, the stock Phone app also lets you see the data used during a particular FaceTime video or audio call.
1. Launch the Phone app on your iPhone and ensure that the Recent tab is selected. Now, locate the contact that says “FaceTime Audio/Video”. Then, tap on the “i” button next to the name/number.
3. Next, you should see the date of the call, the time, and the total data used during the call.
Keep an Eye on FaceTime Cellular/Mobile Data Usage with Ease
That’s pretty much it! So, these are the quick ways to keep a tab on the data usage of the video or audio calling. It can offer you a fair amount of idea about the data consumption pattern of the FaceTime app, which could help in ensuring that the limited bandwidth doesn’t run out of steam. Have any feedback? Sound off in the comments below.