What’s in a name? Nothing, as it’s merely a medium to call/recognize something or someone. While I don’t contradict this famous William Shakespeare’s quote, I think a name had never assumed more significance before. In an era where a short lip-syncing TikTok video can make someone a huge star overnight, a name does matter a lot – whether for invoking stardom or gaining sympathy. So, for whatever reason, if you aren’t pleased with your existing TikTok username and think that tweaking the name could bring you a ton of luck making your videos win millions of views and hearts, you are at the right place. Let’s jump right in to change your TikTok username on iPhone or Android devices!
Note: We are using screenshot from iOS app for TikTok but the steps are the same on Android.
How to Change Your TikTok Username
Is there any catch? Yeah, a big one. That’s why it’s worth weighing whether the tradeoff is worth it. First and foremost, changing your TikTok username will also change your profile link. So, think twice before tweaking your name as a new name might confuse many of your followers. If you are willing to use a fancy username for your TikTok account, let me warn you upfront that you are allowed to use only letters, numbers, underscores and periods in your name. On top of all, the ByteDance owned video-sharing platform allows users to change usernames only once in 30 days. Now that you know the aftereffects and ready to cope with them, it’s time to get on with steps.
1. Launch TikTok on your mobile device and then tap on the profile tab at the bottom right corner.
2. Now, tap on the Edit Profile button.
3. Next, tap on your username.
4. Next up, type in the new username. Then, tap on the Save button at the top right corner and you are ready to go!
- If the username you want to use isn’t available, you will see a warning, “This username isn’t available. Try a sugged username or enter a new one.” The suggested usernames will appear right above the software keyboard.
- If the username is available, a green tick mark will show up next to the username.
- As mentioned above, make sure to use only letters, numbers, underscores, and periods in your username.
Tweak Your TikTok Username with Ease
So, that’s the way you can change the username of your TikTok account. As the steps are pretty straightforward, I don’t think you may have found any problem in doing it on your iOS or Android device. As we are talking about TikTok, I would recommend you to check out a couple of related posts like best TikTok lights and how to use parental controls to keep offensive videos away from your TikTok feed. Have any feedback? Shoot it in the comments below.