Having started in 2018, the Indian Premier League has quickly grown to become one of the most popular sports leagues in the world. While it still has a long way to go to catch up to the four major sports leagues in the US (MLB, NFL, NBA and NHL) or any of the major European football leagues in terms of revenues, it is second to none in terms of sheer passion exhibited by dedicated fans.
However, no matter how passionate you are about the game, it may not always be possible to catch the game at home on TV, which is why, if you’re wondering how to catch live-streams online, we’ve got you covered.
How to Watch IPL 2018 Online in India
In India, the IPL 2018 matches will be available for viewing exclusively on Hotstar for those with a premium subscription or with the all-new Rs. 299 Sports pack. However, the company has also tied up with Reliance Jio and Airtel to bring free IPL streaming to JioTV and Airtel TV respectively, although, the offer is only restricted to the customers of the two carriers.
How to Watch IPL 2018 Online Abroad
If you’re a dedicated cricket follower who lives outside India, here are your best options for watching the live-stream legally.
- Australia – Foxtel Premium at $39 per month or YuppTV at $24.99 per month
- North America (USA / Canada) – Hotstar Premium at $9.99 per month
- UK and Ireland – Sky Sports Now TV subscription at £20 per month
- Southeast Asia, South America, and rest of Europe – YuppTV has the exclusive rights, but rates vary by region
- South Africa and sub-Saharan Africa – SuperSport has the online rights, but you need to be a TV subscriber to watch the live-stream
- Pakistan – GEO Super has the online rights in Pakistan
- Bangladesh – You can stream IPL 2018 on Channel 9 in Bangladesh
- New Zealand – Sky Sports at NZ$ 25 per month
- The Caribbean – Flow Sports throughout the Caribbean isles
- Middle East and North Africa – beIN Connect at $18 per month