Instagram just launched a ‘Lite’ variant of the popular image and video sharing app to the Play Store today. The ‘Lite’ app follows in the footsteps of other popular Lite apps, including some from Instagram’s parent company, Facebook. However, the company has currently only launched the app in Mexico, and will be launching it in other developing countries “later this year.” So, if you want to check out the Instagram Lite app outside Mexico, here’s how you can install Instagram Lite right now.
Install Instagram Lite In India
Installing the Instagram Lite app is easy enough to do. Just follow the steps below and you’ll be up and running in no time.
- On your desktop/laptop head over to the Play Store listing for Instagram Lite.
- In the URL bar, remove the part that says “hl=en&”
- Now, copy the remaining URL and head over to APKPure.
- Here, hover your mouse over ‘Products’ and click on APK Download.
- Paste the URL in the search box, and hit Enter.
That’s it, you’ll now get the option to download the APK for Instagram Lite. Once you’ve downloaded it, simply copy the APK to your phone, and install it.
I tried this out on my OnePlus 5 and it works flawlessly, and I’m pretty sure it’ll work on other devices as well. Also, since this method is basically using an APK to install the app, it should work for every country. However, if you encounter any issues, let me know in the comments section down below.