Recently, the developer beta for the MIUI 9 update was released, which brought about a ton of features and system improvements. Along with that, the update also includes 3 new themes. Each of these new MIUI 9 themes bring out an individuality of their own and make sure your Mi or Redmi device looks amazing. Sadly, these themes are officially only available with MIUI 9 and Xiaomi hasn’t made them available to MIUI 8. While the stable build of MIUI 9 is still a couple of months away, if you own a device that is currently rocking the older MIUI 8, but can’t wait to get the MIUI 9 look, here is how to get MIUI 9 themes on MIUI 8:
Get MIUI 9 Themes on MIUI 8
- Download the ZIP file containing the MIUI 9 themes from here. Extract it and transfer the files to your device.
- Download and install the free MIUI Theme Editor app from here. Once downloaded, open it up.
- Upon opening the Theme Editor app, tap on the “Browse” button and browse to the downloaded folder containing the themes.
- Once there, select the theme of your choice from the list of downloaded themes. You can choose between Color Fantasy, Cool Black, and Limitless.
- Once you’ve selected the theme of your choice, you’ll be returned to the MIUI Theme Editor’s main screen. Tap on “Start” to continue. You will now to be presented with options to edit the Status Bar, App Icons, etc. If you wish to, you can customize them, else simply press “Next”.
- You will now be presented with the Export Theme page. Edit the theme name if you want to, and then tap on the “Finish” button to save the theme.
- A confirmation box will now appear, asking you to install the saved theme. Tap on “Ok”. Once the theme has been installed, tap on “Ok” and exit the program.
- Now, open the Themes app on your device. From the main screen, tap on the “Downloaded” button to browse the installed themes. From the list of themes that will appear next, select the theme that you just installed.
- A detailed info about the selected theme will now be displayed. Simply tap on the “Apply” button to apply the theme.
Similarly, you can install all 3 MIUI 9 themes onto your MIUI 8 device.
New MIUI 9 Themes
MIUI 9 brought about 3 amazing themes – Cool Black, Color Fantasy, and Limitless. The Color Fantasy theme focuses primarily on bringing a bright experience throughout the device with use of bright color schemes and colorful icons. The Cool Black theme, as the name suggests, is more of a dark theme, which follows a dark tone comprising of blacks and grays. Finally, the Limitless theme is a Material Design theme, following the same material ideology of Google, with similar wallpapers, and flat UI as well as icons.
Try The New MIUI 9 Themes on Your MIUI 8 Device
So, that’s how you can install the new MIUI 9 themes on your MIUI 8 device. Each of themes should help you bring about a different look and make your device look much more appealing. While the official MIUI 9 update for your device might still be a couple of months away, this is a nifty little way of getting the look of MIUI 9 on your MIUI 8 device. So what are you waiting for? Install the themes and tell us about your favorite theme from the lot and why you love it in the comments section below.